Fendi Knockoff Bag CAL--CLOSED--Please no requests for pattern

Mom w/a Motif

You didn't tick me off, Rebecca. ;) Isn't the crocheted version in a "T" shape, too? :think I was just going to take the schematics from that one to try a knit version.... :shrug Have you started one yet Rebecca?

Tina

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took it apart and started over, because it was really twisting. Now, it is a little twisted, but it seems the ends are not even! The first two rows seem to be longer, even though I am doing the same number of stitches on each row. And boy, I have "crocheter's thumb" now! I swear I am getting a blister on the tip from this one!

when you sew this together, do they push the corner in and sew a line across then tack the piont down in the inside:scrachin this would give it the shap at the bottom:shrug

Hmmm...I was thinking almost a "cross" shape. A rectangle to form front/back/flap and you would bring the crosspieces up to form the sides between front and back, making 'em a bit longer than the body of the bag to fold over and attach handles

:think

I'm starting mine this morning using one strand of ping pong and one strand of caron one pound both in black. They are both chunkier than normal so I'm wondering if mine looks unusually large because of that. How wide have your purses been coming out?

Well, I gave up on the crochet version and am jumping in with the knit one. I got some Lamb's Pride bulky in Lotus Pink and am doing a double strand for the body. I'm going to give that H shaped idea a try, that bag looked really good and I like the 3x3 ribbing for the ruffle. I had a friend who looked at the picture and she thought to do increases at the rounded corners in the purls so the ruffle would lay flatter. Good luck everyone, I'm off to (hopefully) sunny Florida for the week. Maybe I'll have pictures to post when I get back.

Rachel

I'm starting mine this morning using one strand of ping pong and one strand of caron one pound both in black. They are both chunkier than normal so I'm wondering if mine looks unusually large because of that. How wide have your purses been coming out?

I think mine came out smaller because of using 1 strand. It measures about 11". I wouldn't think the dimensions really matter as long as they're right for you.:)

Can't wait to see it in black!

Like I mentioned in my last post, I am doing this totally different than the craftster pattern. One of the things I'm doing different is the shape of the bag. If you look at the side view of the black Fendi that Sunshine1977 posted, you can really see there how it was done. The front and back have an additional 1/2 width of the base's depth. I believe size of the real Fendi is 9" high, 13" wide and 2" deep. Using those numbers, the front and back would be 9x14" and the bottom would be 2x13. If you made it in one piece (without the flap), it would be 14" wide for 9", then 13" wide for 2", then 14" wide for 9". Here's a pic of what I mean:

th_fendi.jpg

Then you would sew the sides together (A) and then the bottom of the sides to the bottom of the bag (B).

th_fe222.jpg

Both pics are clickable and just my opinion.

Also, I figured out a crochet stitch that looks just like the knitted purl stitch used on the real purse. If anybody's interested, I can try to explain it.

Wow, that is neat, thanks for sharing! I do hope you share with us the stitch you used for this bag.:hook (Btw, have you thought of making and selling your own patterns? There's a new site by Rachel of CPC and its called CPR, that is, Crochet Pattern Roundup its all about crochet patterns)

Like I mentioned in my last post, I am doing this totally different than the craftster pattern. One of the things I'm doing different is the shape of the bag. If you look at the side view of the black Fendi that Sunshine1977 posted, you can really see there how it was done. The front and back have an additional 1/2 width of the base's depth. I believe size of the real Fendi is 9" high, 13" wide and 2" deep. Using those numbers, the front and back would be 9x14" and the bottom would be 2x13. If you made it in one piece (without the flap), it would be 14" wide for 9", then 13" wide for 2", then 14" wide for 9". Here's a pic of what I mean:

th_fendi.jpg

Then you would sew the sides together (A) and then the bottom of the sides to the bottom of the bag (B).

th_fendi2.jpg

Also, I figured out a crochet stitch that looks just like the knitted purl stitch used on the real purse. If anybody's interested, I can try to explain it.

Yes, Mimi - please share the stitch you came up with! My bag is finished except for the lacing, lining and handles. I tried the wide pink satin ribbon I had planned to use, but didn't like the look, so I am making an I-cord with my knitting knobby out of the same yarn as the purse so it will look more like the original. Whew, I wish I had one of those crank knitting knobbies!! Making one as long as I want is gonna take forever!!

Laurie:hook

Hello Debi...I have a question for you:)

I really love the look of your bag with the LB Suede, so much that when I went out shopping yesterday I bought some of the LB Suede in Taupe. My daughter wants one done in the suede as well.

I was wondering if you used one strand or two of the suede? It seems like it would be stiff enough with one but I rather ask what you used before starting mine....can you give me the heads up....please:)

Hi Michelle,

I'm so sorry for not replying sooner! For some reason I'm not getting all my email notification.

I used one strand, and a H hook (I hook on ruffle). I used almost 3 skeins, and I really like the texture and thickness. If I do another in suede (and I just may;)) I would still use 1 strand.

Again, I'm so sorry!:hug Any time you have a question, please feel free to email me.

th_fendi.jpg

th_fe222.jpg

What a cool diagram! Thanks for sharing. I would be interested in the stitch you mentioned.:)

Hi Michelle,

I'm so sorry for not replying sooner! For some reason I'm not getting all my email notification.

I used one strand, and a H hook (I hook on ruffle). I used almost 3 skeins, and I really like the texture and thickness. If I do another in suede (and I just may;)) I would still use 1 strand.

Again, I'm so sorry!:hug Any time you have a question, please feel free to email me.

Oh dont worry Debi:hug ...its alright as I wasn't in much of a hurry since I had to finish my granddaughters christening blanket this weekend cause my DD's baby shower is tomorrow and I wanted to give it to her then. I also had to finish making some 6" squares for a comfortghan and am now working on some 12"squares for another afghan. I just received an invitation to my neices bridal shower which is Jan 29 and havent really started her gift yet:eek so now I am going to have to concentrate on that and put off my suede bag for a bit but I wrote down the hook sizes and will use the same as you have done when I make mine. I bought 4 skeins of the suede so I will have more than enough:yay

I picked up some Crystal Palace Yarns-Cotton Chenille from my LYS on that trip and I cant wait to try that too. I have never worked with it before but it feels soo soft. Its not like chenille that we all think of, it feels more like the suede...and its in my favorite color....PURPLE:cheer

Gosh, just too many projects and not enough me's around here:lol

I sent an email about a week ago and am still waiting. Can anyone send me a copy of this pattern?? I am just dying to try it. Thanks

I went to Joann's yesterday for their big weekend sale and found the perfect lining for my Fendi bag. Not only does it coordinate, but it was 70% off!

Here's a picture of the lining and my partially finished bag.

Bag and Lining

I am not yet halfway around the ruffle. I am using the modified ruffle provided by Tina which looks great, but is taking a really long time. It also doesn't seem very ruffle-y. . . .

I am also going to add pockets to the lining (probably 2) and a pocket to the outside front of the bag, so it ends up under the flap. I have to have pockets for my stuff, esp. my cell phone - or I'll never find it before it goes to voice mail!

For the ribbon, I am either going to chain the same color yarn or possibly make a tube of the lining fabric to "create" my own matching tie.

Still haven't decided on handles or a closure yet.

Bag and Lining

I am not yet halfway around the ruffle. I am using the modified ruffle provided by Tina which looks great, but is taking a really long time. It also doesn't seem very ruffle-y. . . .

Did you work up through row 5 of the original pattern? Mine didn't seem very ruffly either and then I went back and worked through row 5 and it made it a little better. I know it takes a long time, but I think it looks better than the original..

Well I started again. This time following the directions like a good girl...lol. Things are going much mroe smoothly with 2 strands of plain old worsted weight. I had to give up my fun sparkley yarn, but I think I'll survive. Probably.

Yes, I did! For once, I actually followed the instructions. It seems like it should be flufflier since your version calls for working two rib rows per SC. I think it will be OK.

Did you work up through row 5 of the original pattern? Mine didn't seem very ruffly either and then I went back and worked through row 5 and it made it a little better. I know it takes a long time, but I think it looks better than the original..

Archived