Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

JulieKay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Julie, picked up the yarn today for the square I'll make. Can I make more than one? Let me know and also, is there a special forum or thread for this auctionghan?

Thanks! Nancy :0):hook

Hi Nancy -

If you'd like to make more than one, you're more than welcome to ! We are just kinda combining that thread into the 63 More Menagerie ,since it's all kinda rolled in together .

Directions for the squares are all in the first post there, but if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask !

THANK YOU ~~~:manyheart

Yup! My friends all call me that. And I consider you a friend, so it is appropriate! I won't tell you what my brothers have called me since I was a baby (I'm the youngest of 7 children). :blush

Thanks, Nance !

I consider that a compliment that you would let me call you that !

I guess we all have our funny nicknames. You'd probably get a kick out of what my dad's nickname was for me.... but maybe I 'd better not tell you guys. You'll all think I LOOK a lot different than I actually do . And HOW he ever picked that name, I don't know ! I've never asked him !

Sarah

If you have a week off with nothing to do, then get started in one of our -- along groups ! There are plenty to choose from !

I would love to do the Cathedral Afghan, but I don't have a pattern. I ordered the 63 Square pattern book, but I'm still waiting on it's arrival. Trust me, when I get those, I'm all about doing a CAL. Maybe I'll just keep going with these squares. I need 96....it could possibly get done this week!

Here is the finished product....I draped it over my rocking chair (should have done it over the couch like Madelyn did -- btw, Madelyn, I don't think I ever told you how great yours looks!!)

Anyway, here's the pic and a close up of it too.

IMG_9437.jpg

IMG_9441.jpg

Thanks for the compliment , Madelyn !

And thanks for the offer of a couple squares for the raffle afghan . I'd be more than happy to get some from you ~~ :)

And also, if you have a postcard of your area, can you put that in with it ? I am trying to make an album of the postcards from where all the squares are coming from to go along with the afghan . ( MINE will probably be the MOST boring ... )Coming from my town, the only thing WE could make postcards to showcase our town is the highest population of cows vs humans in the state !

:D

Thanks for the compliment , Madelyn !

And thanks for the offer of a couple squares for the raffle afghan . I'd be more than happy to get some from you ~~ :)

And also, if you have a postcard of your area, can you put that in with it ? I am trying to make an album of the postcards from where all the squares are coming from to go along with the afghan . ( MINE will probably be the MOST boring ... )Coming from my town, the only thing WE could make postcards to showcase our town is the highest population of cows vs humans in the state !

:D

Boring here too. But I'll see what I can find :lol

Madelyn

Thank you Ladies for the compliments on the ghan! It was fun to make and even more fun being here and doing it along with you all!!! I'll be back for more CAL's but right now I'm in kind of a crunch for gifts so I have to focus more on them. My daughter graduates this year too, so I think I'll be off the scene here until around July! :lol Honestly!!

I'm in the 2006 granny swap and that's probably all I can squeeze in for crochet time the next few months. Seriously.

My first CAL has been tons of fun! I'll be back for more :D - just not too soon.

And of course I'll hang out here long enough to see everyone's finished ghans.

I really love seeing how each person's comes out so differently.

:hug

Cristin

Here is the finished product....I draped it over my rocking chair (should have done it over the couch like Madelyn did -- btw, Madelyn, I don't think I ever told you how great yours looks!!)

Anyway, here's the pic and a close up of it too.

-----------

Cristin - I'm sure you already know this, but it's beautiful!!! :yay And I love the colors.

That's the spirit Renagade....!:tup Don't give up on the ripple...I don't know if you know how many times I had to frog my laces and bobble?After I was up to row 43, I frogged it 4 time to row 19..it still didn't work out so I decided to frog the whole thing and start allll over..Thank God it worked out that time....so I ended up frogging 5 times....I wouldn't give in to it either..ask Julie...I was crowned the frogging queen of crochet ville.....:lol

That's the spirit Renagade....!:tup Don't give up on the ripple...I don't know if you know how many times I had to frog my laces and bobble?After I was up to row 43, I frogged it 4 time to row 19..it still didn't work out so I decided to frog the whole thing and start allll over..Thank God it worked out that time....so I ended up frogging 5 times....I wouldn't give in to it either..ask Julie...I was crowned the frogging queen of crochet ville.....:lol

-----------

Wow, Olga, I'm not sure I would have had the patience! But the result was worth it, in the end.

Archived