Felted coin purse

Kymberlina

Well, I'm finally done with them. I only took a picture of one, but I made five for my friends for Christmas. I used the pattern out of Paton's Knit and Crochet Felting. I also added beads around the sew-holes. I hope they like them :xfin

coinpresize.jpg

Thanks for looking!! :2frog

WOW, that is a fantastic job. :applause It is just gorgeous. I am going to see if I can find that pattern book at JoAnn's today. I would consider myself at an intermediate crochet level, and I have never felted before (yet). Can you tell me how difficult this purse was to make?

WOW! That is gorgeous!!! I would love to make something like that!!!!

I would assume that you added the closure after felting??? How did you ensure that it was the right size and all?

Thanks, guys!! :hug

WOW, that is a fantastic job. :applause It is just gorgeous. I am going to see if I can find that pattern book at JoAnn's today. I would consider myself at an intermediate crochet level, and I have never felted before (yet). Can you tell me how difficult this purse was to make?

It was really easy and quick to make. The pattern calls for an H hook, but I used an I hook to make it allittle bigger so I could run it through 2 wash cycles. The only thing didn't like about making them was the sewing, since I hate sewing. I also found the metal frame at www.victoriancottagetreasures.com

WOW! That is gorgeous!!! I would love to make something like that!!!!

I would assume that you added the closure after felting??? How did you ensure that it was the right size and all?

I did add the closure after felting. As far as the size, I made a tester one before making all five. I used an H hook with that one, but was only able to run it thru one wash or else I was afraid it would shrink too much. So, with the rest, I used an I hook and ran it thru two washes. They all varied slightly in size but nothing major. This was the first time I felted. It was so fun!

Kymberlina,

So glad you shared your finished product picture with us! Now I know how mine are supposed to look when they are done, I'm still waiting for my frames to come in. Can I ask a tech. question? Which end did you sew the frame to, the end you started crocheting, or where you ended? I'm not used to working things from the top down, but looking at the instructions, that is what is inferred, correct?

PS: I have 3 more bags in the wash!!!

Kymberlina,

So glad you shared your finished product picture with us! Now I know how mine are supposed to look when they are done, I'm still waiting for my frames to come in. Can I ask a tech. question? Which end did you sew the frame to, the end you started crocheting, or where you ended? I'm not used to working things from the top down, but looking at the instructions, that is what is inferred, correct?

PS: I have 3 more bags in the wash!!!

Actually, it's not made from the top down. It's made from the bottom up, so the end you sew will be the end you ended at. Good luck!! :hook

Archived