Rainbow Ripple

Stitchinpick

As I mentioned on the 35 square crochet along, I have been busy busy with preparing for my new granddaughter. Then I went to Ohio for two weeks when she was born to "help". Now I am back and am finally posting a few of the blankets and things I crocheted.

Here is another Rainbow Ripple made from the Simply Soft Brites. They are so simple, I just keep making them. This one is quite large so the 2-1/2 year old can use it too.

Rainbowb.jpg

Love it!! must go hunting for yarn now!!Envy you guys who don't have to search high and low for yarn (sigh)

Great work!!

Hugs

Vims

Me too- I have been wanting to make one of these rainbow ripples for weeks now but I can not find the bright colours anywhere over here. The nearest thing I have found is some colors in tiny 25gm balls but even with those the colours just aren't right.

BTW the blanket is beautiful :manyheart

Turned out just gorgeous =) I plan on doing one of these myself which I better be starting soon, wanted to make one for my sister as a christmas present...she is due in February, doesn't know what she is having yet. But for now I was planning a white and baby blue, figured it'd work either way.

After seeing this I definately have to keep my eyes open for those brites! I use the Caron simply soft very often (who am I kidding, for pretty much everything I crochet!) But I have yet to experiment with those brites, will def. have to see if I can get my hands on those!

-Kelli

Sorry I have been so slow to get back with you with the pattern. During all of the family festivities this week, Grandpa developed heart problems and ended up having heart surgery --2 bypasses and a valve worked on! He is doing good this morning.

I found the pattern posted at this site:

http://www.sewonfire.com/round_ripple_afghan.htm

Here are the changes I make. I use Simply Soft (worsted weight) yarn and an H or an I hook. (Depends on the yarn and my mood. :lol Also, Round 3 (in my opinion) should read like this:

rnd 3: Ch 3, *skip 1 st, 1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc in SAME st. repeat from * ending with 1 dc in base of ch 3, ch 2, sl st in top of ch 3.

Good luck!

Archived