Not really a newbie, but i should still introduce myself

omibunnydotcom

Hi everybody!

I've posted a couple of times already, but i decided i should still try to introduce myself.

I'm 24 yr old tech support chick living in Chesapeake, VA. I learned two crochet stitches two years ago (single and half double) and i havent strayed from them since. I just recently started trying to teach myself other crochet stitches. So i'm still very much a newbie, even though every one of my friends has a scarf made by me.

I'm currently working on a big blanket project made of of Red Heart in the color "Monet" (bunch of pastel swirls) and i'm trying to finish a baby blanket by Christmas for my nephew.

My favorite play around yarn is Lily's Sugar n Cream, but i just found an AC Moore in Virginia Beach and i love EVERYTHING there.

I"m interested in trying to learn how to read patterns, and i'm also interested in meeting other crocheters in my area. I don't know anyone else that crochets, so meeting other people would be great. If you live in the Chesapeake/Virginia Beach area, i would love to meetup for a crochet along or just some sit down to yak about yarn.

Thanks everybody,

Omi

Hi and welcome :hi

Most patterns aren't that hard to read once you have learnt the abbreviations. Not sure if you know this or not but stitch guide.com

is great for learning new stitches- they even have videos for those times when the diagrams just don't seem to make sense :lol

Welcome to Crochetville! It sounds like you are off to a great start as a beginning crocheter. You're using light colored yarn which is one of the smartest things you can do right now so you can see the stitches you're making. Just keep crocheting and crocheting and crocheting. Once you learn how to to a DC (double crochet), you'll really be in business! There are plenty of people here to help if you have questions.

Again, welcome! :hook

Archived