Hello

Sanditerese

I was on craigslist and a couple of people told me to check out this website and so far I love it. There is so much great work! I am 27, live in California and have been crocheting since I was little. My grandma used to babysit my sister and I, and she would make us play the piano or crochet for an hour everyday. I always chose crochet. I can sit for hours making things and my husband does not understand. I just love it. :hook

Let me add my howdy to. As much time as I've spent on the net, I'm amazed I didn't find this site sooner. Sure wished I had. I've only begun to look round and so far everythng is great. Fun friendly people with amazing talents. It's particularly nice I think to see the younger folks getting into these crafts, that for so many years were dying off. I learned to crochet when I was 5 or 6 I think. Not my grandmother, but my neighbors grandmother taught me. I made a horrible green dollie, but something about it must have stayed with me. :D For years the only yarn available was baby yarn, knitted worsted, sport yarn, and rug yarn. I stocked up every time there was a sale. My basement looks like it too. But, now with all the new possiblilites I continue to buy and my husband's convenced I'm without a brain.:think but, it's still cheaper than buying new clothes all the time, or make up or some of the other traditional female things....so there...RIGHT LADIES:cheer

Welcome from Michigan. Your Grandma is a very smart lady. I'm glad you enjoy our craft. My Grandmother taught me also. We would love to see some of your creations. Come back often. Happy Hooking! :hook

Hi and welcome :hi:welcome from Louisiana. My husband too is confused by this crocheting thing but I am so thankful that he puts up with it. (he even buys yarn for my Christmas stocking some years.) He actually thinks I am tying string into knots. I grin and say, "No!!! That's macrame. This is crochet." :D Anyway, hope you enjoy it here at crochetville.

Archived