Coming out of Lurkdom!

grrlsmom

Hi! I don't know how I found this site, but I realized I've been coming here daily for about a month. Really enjoy the links and the crochet chit-chat. No one I know IRL crochets so I'm kinda 'on my own' and don't have a buddy to talk to (or gripe to, actually!):bang

I'm not a fancy crocheter, just plug away doing an afghan every year or so. I started w/an afghan 30 years ago for my Mom - a cool 70's earth tone ripple! Probably a 'new thing' back then! :embar The neatest thing I ever made was a shrug to go with my dd's wedding dress 2 years ago. I made the dress, it's sleeveless and laced up the back and I knew she would be freezing in the AC at her reception! Also made 3 1/2 ponchos last year - the 1/2 one is a UFO, I got bored! Need to finish it soon - with 3 dds, I get many poncho requests.

Working on an Autumn leaf granny afghan now for my best buddy - when I can stay off the computer!:hook

Welcome to the boards from someone else who lurked for awhile before plucking up the courage to get involved :lol I'm sure you will love it here- there is a real community feel to the place :manyheart

Archived