Marigold Purse

melectric

I was inspired by Nina_Kate's bangle purse, so I had to try one. I made this using bamboo yarn from soysilk and I modified a marigold pattern of maggie petsch. I just did four rows of sc and four rows of hdc. I am suppose to give it to a friend but I have decided to keep it and make her a similar one. :lol

9a.gif

All right this is my first attempt at writing a pattern so if something doesn’t make sense let me know.

Sc: single crochet

hdc: half double crochet

sts: stitches

ch: chain

I used an H hook for this with bamboo yarn.

Foundation chain: Chain 34.

1st row: turn sc in 2nd ch from hook and each chain across-33sts.

2nd row: turn ch 2, hdc in 2rd ch from hook and in each st across. Repeat 4 times.

3rd row: turn ch1, sc in 2nd ch from and in each st across. Repeat 4 times.

Then I did the rows as follows, 2,3,2,3,2,3,3,2,3,2,3,2.

End with one row of single crochet and tie off.

To join the bangles: With wrong side facing you slip stitch around the bangle in each single crochet.

To join the bag: With wrong side facing you whip stitch the edges about 3/4 off the way up each side. Turn bag inside out.

Attach flower of your choice and you are done.:)

Nice job! I just saw Nina Kate's purse today, too, and that is all I have been thinking about. I looked in my Crochet Encyclopedia and at CPC to find a cable pattern but couldn't seem to find one. Yours is pretty. (I would keep it, too.) :lol

Tina

It was really easy to work with actually. It came out pretty scratchy when I was done, so I don't really know what else I would make with it. I want to try their soy silk next, but it is so darned expensive.

Archived