Hi Everyone!

lyrakristine

I'm Lyra. I currently live in Evansville, IN (I am originally from Manila, Philippines) with my new husband and our puppy. Aside from being a completely addicted crocheter, I am also an Interior Designer and a Graphic Artist.

I was taught to crochet by my paternal grandmother when I was about five. The first doily that I made for Home Ec (I was eight) was so ugly that my teacher gave me a perfect score because she KNEW I did it myself (my other classmates had "help" from their mothers and grandmothers). After that, I crocheted coasters and water glass cozies with the household help when I didn't have anything else to do during the summer. I didn't really think much of what I was doing, or have a great great love for it then as I do now.

I rediscovered my love for crocheting in 1998 (I was turning 18). I was bored in my dormitory and I was suddenly seized by a terrible urge to crochet something. I went to the nearest mall and got myself a ball of Monaco crochet cotton and a number seven Imia hook (which I still have). I made myself a really tacky pen cozy/necklace. And that, as they say, was that.

It's wonderful to meet you all.

Archived