I'm in Jan.06 CROCHET! Magazine!

eurolyons

I'm in the Letters to the Editor of January 2006 issue of this magazine. I'm so excited. I wrote the email months ago and it took a while to get a good picture that the magazine could use. But I'm in it wearing my Red After Five Jacket that the pattern was featured in March 2005 issue.

So exciting. My husband's proud!

Thank you, thank you! It is wonderfully nice and warm...I'm so excited...I went down to show the magazine to my neighbor and she and her husband were so excited for me too...she made her husband read my letter out loud! :lol

I was asked if I was gonna go out and buy extra copies...not likely over here...the PX (AAFES) hardly carries anything crochet related which is why I have subscriptions to several crochet magazines (and other hard to find magazines...) Otherwise, heck yeah I'd go out and buy up some copies to send to family...

Congrats!! I can't wait for my magazine to get here =) I had to subscribe too because our PX rarely carries crochet mags or books... when I find one I act a fool, jumping or squealing rofl. I get funny looks, but I could care less ;)

Congratulations on your publication :) Personally, I know how exciting it can be to see your name in print :) And your photo..omg that jacket is amazing! How long did it take? I think I recall the March 05 issue, and I love your version! And seeing that photo, makes me miss Germany even more!! I never thought I would miss everything about it...adjusting to the US sucks, lol

Anyway, you look awesome in your new creation :) Simply stunning!

Donna

I bought the magazine and just searched through it to find you. Congrats. that's awesome and it's a great picture. I'm excited about this magazine. I think there are some really great patterns, finally, although the pictures of the models wearing the projects are a bit over the top and very 80s.

• 1 month later...

I am sooooo sorry that I've been MIA...thank you all for the compliments on the jacket...I love this jacket...love to wear it, it's nice, heavy and warm. Now, I'm insane, but this jacket took about a week to make, simply because I would just sit down for hours and hours to work on it...and I think it might have taken less time, but I had to stop and order more eyelash yarn for the trim...

I totally understand that excited feeling of finding any crochet anything at the PX MarvieN...I get so annoyed with the PX because they will have 30 freaking magazines on quilting and scrapebooking and NOTHING about crocheting...so I have subscriptions all over the place...

I've been busy with the holidays, but I'm back now...

although the pictures of the models wearing the projects are a bit over the top and very 80s.

Yeah...jury's still out in my mind about the revamp of this magazine...

Archived