Quickie Ripple

Stitchinpick

I posted this on the Show and Tell and the pattern was requested. It is just a basic ripple (which means even though I wrote it, it may not be very original.) I used an 10-mm N hook and two strands of off white Super Saver yarn. I made it in just a couple days, for a quickie wedding gift.

Nhookripple.jpg

N-Hook Ripple Afghan

Finished Size: Approximately 46" x 66"

MATERIALS

Worsted Weight Yarn (4-ply) approximately 61 ounces

Crochet hook, size N (10.00 mm)

Note: Entire afghan is worked holding two strands of yarn together.

INSTRUCTIONS:

Chain 160 loosely

Row 1 Single crochet (sc) in second chain (ch) from hook and in next 9 chs, 3 sc in next ch (This makes the mountain). Sc in next 10 chs. * Skip next 2 ch (This makes the valley), sc in next 10 chs, 3 sc in next chain, sc in next 10 chs. Repeat from * across to end. 161 sc.

Row 2-End Chain 1, turn. Working in back loops only, pull up a loop in the first two sc, yarn over (YO) and draw through all 3 loops on hook (this turns two sc into one sc). Sc in next 9 sc, 3 sc in next sc. * Sc in next 10 sc, skip next 2 sc, sc in next 10 sc, 3 sc in next sc. Repeat from * across to last segment. Sc in 9 sc, pull up a loop in last 2 sc, YO and draw through all 3 loops on hook. 161 sc.

When Afghan is length wanted, finish off. Weave in all ends.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so beautiful, I cannot wait to have a go. It will be my first ripple afghan. I must finish some of my wip's first though. Well at least one of them. lol

I also saw this under the show and tell, but I am iffy about asking people for patterns as it is their work and I figure if they want to share it they will. But I was so excited when I saw that you posted this pattern, it is such a nice afghan and it's greatly appriciated (obviously not only by me!)

Thanks again!

-Kelli

I have a question concerning this pattern. In row 2 it says in back loops only, is that for the whole row, or just when turning the 2sc into 1sc? I don't want to go on with the row until I know if I'm working in just back loops for all the sc in the row or the whole stitch, figured someone would be able to help me out :)

-Kelli

Thanks a lot! I am now on about my 9th row :hook , I AM loving the texture. I use Caron Simply Soft for pretty much everything that I crochet and it is just so soft and light/fluffy.:c9 I can't wait until it's done, I'm alternating black and pink, I think it'll be cute I'll keep you updated, and hopefully for christmas I'll get that digital camera I hoped for :photo Thanks again!

-Kelli

It's beautiful, I've made more ripples than I can count, but never with 2 threads, an interesting idea. Bet that did make it go really fast. The texture too seems to show up more in your picture with the two strands of yarn. Nice work!

Thanks for this pattern! I finished mine last week--it took my slow hands about a week to finish it. I used scrap yarn I had around the house, and used off-white as the main color. I'm giving it away for Christmas. Again, thanks for sharing this with us.

Thanks for this pattern! I finished mine last week--it took my slow hands about a week to finish it. I used scrap yarn I had around the house, and used off-white as the main color. I'm giving it away for Christmas. Again, thanks for sharing this with us.

I would love to see a picture of your finished afghan... it sounds wonderful!

Tina

About how many hours did it take you?

Enjoyed looking at your blogger or blogspot blog, couldn't get into your other one, said page didn't exist.

Nice work indeed!

Left you a message in blogger or blogspot. But, am confused. Is blogspot and blogger the same thing?

Archived