Waves from Texas

soaring_lilith

All,

Well I'm doing a little happy dance right now. I was searching for patterns when I came across this website. It has such a huge wealth of information. I can't wait to explore it.

Ok, little bit about me. 35 years young with two boys. I crochet for fun and for gifts to family and friends. My mother has been an avid crochet-er for several years. She donates the majority of her work to the Ronald McDonald house here in Austin. I love crocheting because it gives my hands something todo as I have ADD. I also recommend it if your kids have ADD, give them a needle and yarn and let them crochet a simple blanket. It has worked wonders for my oldest as it keeps him occupied yet constantly moving.

Anywho, looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Lilith

Welcome from Maryland!

I agree with you about giving little hands something to do... My great-grandmother taught me to crochet to keep me from scratching when I was seven and I had chicken pox, and it worked! As an adult, I've found that it's also great if you're trying to quit smoking, or trying to lose weight.

There is a lot of great information here, and a lot of great people!

Jen

Hi and welcome from Australia Lilith!:welcomeThe crochet for kids with ADD is a great idea :idea I've used it with my son and others when i was childminding.I found boys in particular like Tunisian crochet, must be the big needle.:clap:hook

Archived