2024 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I’ve started on the sweater, but no skeins used up. My birthday is coming up, so I may get some of the crochet yarn kits on my Herrschners wish list! 😈

In the meantime…

WTD = 0

:c9

I used a ball of green :yarn making more shamrock pins (+1) :yay . I have enough shamrocks now so I'm starting on bunny pins. Used up a ball of white :yarn (+1) :cheer . I might need to go to Michael's to get more pom-poms and pins. I also made 2 more baby hats, but no :yarn used on those. Since I don't have to go to the basement for exercise, I can do it more often. Lost another pound :yay .

WTD: + 2  YTD: + 17

Ellie 13 

• Like 1

I had a lovely birthday, but no new skeins! I’m having a party Sunday, so there’s still some hope! In the meantime:

WTD = 0

:manyheart

Got a skein of sock yarn today at my birthday party! I’ll need to add it to next week’s total. I can’t believe I’m an old buzzard of 60. My step-daughter did all the decorating for the party and everything was lovely. 

On 3/10/2024 at 3:39 PM, PBLKNP said:

Got a skein of sock yarn today at my birthday party! I’ll need to add it to next week’s total. I can’t believe I’m an old buzzard of 60. My step-daughter did all the decorating for the party and everything was lovely. 

I turned 63 on Feb.13th, so if you're an "old buzzard" at 60, what am I :think ? I didn't get a party, just e-mails and cards (most of my family is too far away). I didn't post last week so I'll add it today (+ 1). I started making kid/teen size hats. I used a skein and rolled a skein down (+3) :yay . There's a lady who comes to the market and always buys out all my pins, so I made 35 bunny pins just for her. I'm going to make more bunny pins for my co-workers. I hope to have more points by Sat.

WTD:  + 4   YTD:  + 21

Ellie 13

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ellie 13 said:

I turned 63 on Feb.13th, so if you're an "old buzzard" at 60, what am I :think ? I didn't get a party, just e-mails and cards (most of my family is too far away).

Ellie 13

I've got you both beat at 67 (68 next month)! Not sure what comes after old buzzard. LOL 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I've got you both beat at 67 (68 next month)! Not sure what comes after old buzzard. LOL 

Ha! Good one. I claimed Old Biddy when I turned 70. I guess I'm just Old at 75 now! LOL

• Haha 1

My local yarn shop is having a “stash” sale this week to benefit a local cat shelter.  Everyone donates their excess stash skeins, and they’re sold for cash, separate from the usual sales.  I dropped off 25 skeins, but OF COURSE I found some yarn among the stash, too!  I found 9 skeins of Plymouth Encore in a lovely grayish-blue color that would be perfect for a sweater.  At $10, I couldn’t go wrong.  So, counting the skein I got for my birthday, altogether, I had:

WTD = +30

:clap

Edited by PBLKNP

1 hour ago, PBLKNP said:

My local yarn shop is having a “stash” sale this week to benefit a local cat shelter.  Everyone donates their excess stash skeins, and they’re sold for cash, separate from the usual sales.  I dropped off 25 skeins, but OF COURSE I found some yarn among the stash, too!  I found 9 skeins of Plymouth Encore in a lovely grayish-blue color that would be perfect for a sweater.  At $10, I couldn’t go wrong.  So, counting the skein I got for my birthday, altogether, I had:

WTD = +30

:clap

Not a part of the stashbusting CAL but I saw this post and had to comment that this is such an cool idea.  What a great fundraiser. 

• Like 1

WTD scores for the week ending 3/16/24:

Gold Medal Winner: PBLKNP +30

Silver Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +4

greyhoundgrandma 0

No Shoot the Moon Winner this week!

I was feeling very:sick with a slight :fever, so I didn't :crocheting much, just :sleep a lot. I took a covid test Tue. night, it was negative. Wed. morning, I felt like I was breathing hot sand, so I went the ER. They tested me for covid, viruses, strep throat and even X-rayed me for pneumonia. They said it's just a very bad cold (eat chicken soup, drink juice, :sleep, etc. :lol) Since I felt better Thu and Fri, I went to work (masked up). I did some :crocheting, but no :yarn used. It's :2rain today, so after lunch I'll watch TV and :crocheting . Maybe I'll get some points by tonight.

WTD:  0   YTD:  + 21

Ellie 13

I’m so sorry Ellie 13…I hope you’re better soon! A good friend of mine and her mother are also sick with something similar…

I managed to use up a skein this week on the sweater!  It’s coming along quicker than I thought.  So:

WTD = +2

:c9

With all the cold medicine I've been taking, I would fail a drug test :lol . I sorted out some small balls of tangled :yarn . How does it go from neat balls to tangled mess just sitting in a bag :think ? I made some pocket prayer shawls and used 4 up :yay (+4). I also exercised and lost another pound :cheer .

WTD: + 4   YTD: + 25

Ellie 13

WTD scores for the week ending 3/23/24:

Gold Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +4

Silver Medal Winner: PBLKNP +2

greyhoundgrandma 0

No Shoot the Moon winner this week!

With the holiday, I COMPLETELY forgot!  Here are my totals for the week/month - Happy Easter! 🐣🐇🐰 

WTD +0  YTD +6

:ghug

Sorry I didn't get to post, but I had 0 anyway. This week I used 3 balls making pocket prayer shawls and some spring flower pins (+ 3) :yay . My diet/exercise is not doing much (up/down/steady) no real weight loss :sigh . Now that I'm better, I hope things get back to normal.

WTD: + 3  YTD: + 28

Ellie 13