2024 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I was strong and stayed home from the yarn shop today!  🤣

I didn't use up anything, as I'm still slogging away on the projects, so:

WTD = 0

:ghug

• Haha 1

I haven't been here since April 2nd, 0 points last week anyway. This week I used 3 more of the small balls (+3). I'm running low on pins, so I'll put magnets on the flowers instead of pins. Who knows, maybe they'll be a hit. I've been working hard on my diet/exercise and lost a pound :cheer . I still have to lose another 7 to 10 before July.

WTD: + 3   YTD: + 31

Ellie 13

I made some flower magnets and pocket prayer shawls and used 4 balls (+ 4) :yay . A co-worker saw the stuffed bunnies I made for easter and wants 2 brown ones. I think I only have enough brown for 1 so I'm going through all my stash to find more. I might have to get more :yarn . I started on the ears, feet and arms but no :yarn used.

WTD: + 4  YTD: + 35

Ellie 13

I was at the yarn shop, but was strong!  We all sat around knitting and crocheting and gabbing. A good friend tried to tempt me by saying that yarn you buy and immediately use for a project doesn’t count as stash…  🤣🤣🤣

I didn't use up skeins AGAIN, as I'm still slogging away on the projects, so:

WTD = 0

A friend of mine wanted a pink baby hat with flowers for a baby shower Fri. night. I made 2 styles and told her to pick 1. I used 2 balls :yarn (+2) :yay . I went to Michael's on Wed. to get ribbon and a skein of brown :yarn for the bunnies (- 2) :( . So, I broke even this week :lol .

WTD:  0   YTD:  + 35

Ellie 13

I was hoping to get a skein done, but no dice.  Perhaps next week!  Sadly, I've discovered that I grossly miscalculated with the sweater.  It's WAY too small for my spouse, so it's going to have to be my sweater, and I'm going to just have to make another one before Christmas.  The issue is that the gauge swatch was vastly different than doing the multicolors, which make the stitches draw in, so the whole thing is smaller. I was going to rip it out, but I'm too far gone at this point.   :bang

WTD +0  YTD +6

Pam, glad you'll be able to wear the sweater but so disappointing that the gauge wasn't right. I always have problems with gauge so I stick to scarves and blankets and rarely venture into clothes. Gauge takes the fun out of crocheting for me.

• Like 1