greyhoundgrandma

Sorry I'm running late with this.

YTD scores for the month of January:

Gold Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +8

greyhoundgrandma 0

January's  Shoot the Moon Winner: PBLKNP -4

• Haha 1

I’m hoping to use up more skeins!  

I finished the crochet cardigan, but it’s sort of odd.  It’s not looking the way I envisioned it.  I think I’m going to need to either sew on buttons or get a clasp for the front.  The collar part sort of hangs.  Somehow, the way it hangs open on the model in the picture is way more attractive than the reality of mine!  🤣🤣🤣

Pam, I seen a lot of sweater patterns that don't meet in the middle and I've always wondered how they would actually wear. Those pictures are taken under carefully orchestrated circumstances.

I've made steady progress on the blanket but still have a way to go. The birthday is looming in a couple of weeks. Yikes!

WTD 0

• Like 1

I found the heart pattern and made 3 medium ones to hang on my door. I also made some more pins and hats. I changed the catnip mouse pattern to make some bigger ones for kid's toys. I used up 2 balls of gray (+2) :yay . My weight is staying about the same, not much progress (up/down). I have to find some green :yarn so I can start shamrocks. I'm going out soon and working tomorrow, so I'll post my score now.

WTD: + 2  YTD: + 10    (:cheer double digits)

Ellie 13

Okay, I confess I scored 2 skeins of Cascade 220 superwash yarn from the LYS today!  I was going to get more, but they didn’t have the navy blue color I needed for the pattern, so they’re going to order it. So:

WTD = -4

😎 :devil

I hate the battle between brain and heart. I just saw an afghan pattern that I really like the look of--a mosaic pattern using a solid and a self-striping yarn.  https://theunraveledmitten.com/2024/02/08/simple-mosaic-crochet-throw-pattern/

Heart: oooh, that's pretty.

Brain: it's mostly sc, you know you hate that--boring! 47" x 55" is a LOT of single crochets!!

Heart: but it's so pretty.

Brain: the color will only look like that if your gauge is the same as hers--fat chance of that, you know your gauge is always off. That's why you don't make clothes. How will it look when the color changes in the middle of the row?

Heart: but, it's REALLY pretty.

Brain: it's Red Heart. You know you really don't like the feel of Red Heart.

Brain: HOW MANY AFGHANS DO YOU ALREADY HAVE THE YARN FOR!!!!

So I guess we'll see which one wins the next time I'm at Walmart. LOL (Yes, I've put the yardage amounts on the shopping list.)

Very pretty! If your brain says you have :yarn , maybe you can use some of those colors (you don't need striping). Also, you could use HDC for SC and TRC for DC. You might just create something really neat. You can also make it a smaller size (lap robe/shawl/baby). A lot of my baby afghans started out as larger patterns. I made 10 baby hats and used up 3 balls (+3) :yay . I found green :yarn left over from Christmas and started shamrock pins (30 so far). The more I :crocheting , the less I snack, so I'm down another pound :cheer . 

WTD:  + 3  YTD:  + 13

Ellie 13

On 2/9/2024 at 8:20 AM, greyhoundgrandma said:

I hate the battle between brain and heart. I just saw an afghan pattern that I really like the look of--a mosaic pattern using a solid and a self-striping yarn.  https://theunraveledmitten.com/2024/02/08/simple-mosaic-crochet-throw-pattern/

Heart: oooh, that's pretty.

Brain: it's mostly sc, you know you hate that--boring! 47" x 55" is a LOT of single crochets!!

Heart: but it's so pretty.

Brain: the color will only look like that if your gauge is the same as hers--fat chance of that, you know your gauge is always off. That's why you don't make clothes. How will it look when the color changes in the middle of the row?

Heart: but, it's REALLY pretty.

Brain: it's Red Heart. You know you really don't like the feel of Red Heart.

Brain: HOW MANY AFGHANS DO YOU ALREADY HAVE THE YARN FOR!!!!

So I guess we'll see which one wins the next time I'm at Walmart. LOL (Yes, I've put the yardage amounts on the shopping list.)

I always have this issue, too!  I’m always coming across patterns and kits that I fall in love with—never mind the fact that I have enough yarn to insulate the house!  😂 

I managed not to buy anything new this week!  The yarn I ordered from the LYS for the sweater I’m planning to make isn’t in yet.  I know I need to do the scores…I figure I’ll probably do it after 10:30 am. 

WTD = 0

:manyheart

I'm getting close to the end of the blanket, maybe a half dozen more rows and then the border, but nothing used up. The best I can hope for is to roll down a few of the skeins at the end.

WTD 0

3 hours ago, Ellie 13 said:

Very pretty! If your brain says you have :yarn , maybe you can use some of those colors (you don't need striping). Also, you could use HDC for SC and TRC for DC. You might just create something really neat. You can also make it a smaller size (lap robe/shawl/baby). A lot of my baby afghans started out as larger patterns. I made 10 baby hats and used up 3 balls (+3) :yay . I found green :yarn left over from Christmas and started shamrock pins (30 so far). The more I :crocheting , the less I snack, so I'm down another pound :cheer . 

WTD:  + 3  YTD:  + 13

Ellie 13

I hadn't thought about using hdc and trc. I'll have to experiment with that. And yes, I have plenty of colors I can use, just more ends to weave in.

53 minutes ago, PBLKNP said:

I always have this issue, too!  I’m always coming across patterns and kits that I fall in love with—never mind the fact that I have enough yarn to insulate the house!  😂 

I've always said if the apocalypse happens, I can make enough blankets to keep the whole town warm with the yarn I already have.

• Haha 1

Okay, here we go!

For the week ending on 2/10/2024:

Gold Medal WInner!  Ellie 13  +3

Holding Steady!

greyhoundgrandma  0

PBLKNP  0

NO SHOOT THE MOON WINNER THIS WEEK!

Thank you all, and have a joyous week! 

I made more pins and rolled the skein down (+1). My neighbor brought back 1/2 of a skein she took (-1), even though I keep telling her to keep it all :sigh (she did roll it down though :D). I did more exercising and reading this week so I'm down 3 more pounds :yay . 

WTD: 0  YTD: + 13

Ellie 13

• Like 1

I had to order 2 skeins of white Cascade 220 Superwash for the sweater I’m going to make, AND my local yarn store just got in the 7 skeins of the navy blue.  Yes, it’s a ludicrous amount of money to spend, but the sweater is for my sweetums, so I want it to be good quality.  I raced over there to get it all today before we got more snow, but of course that means I’m now in the hole, stash-wise!

WTD = -18

:manyheart

Ellie, you are inspiration to keep trying. I have lost a few pounds but it's an up and down road and I haven't really gotten the mindset going on the eating or exercising.

Pam, good yarn for a project is always worth the negative numbers.

I didn't get any crocheting done this week. I didn't buy the yarn for that afghan despite being at two different Walmarts this week. It helped that neither one had the yarn. LOL Also I did some straightening up and crammed some more yarn into a closet which reinforced that I have plenty yarn to work with and yes, there are several kits as well as yarn and patterns waiting on me.

WTD 0

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

WTD scores for the week ending 2/17/24:

Holding steady:

Ellie 13 0

greyhoundgrandma 0

Shoot the Moon Winner: PBLKNP -18

I figured! I’ll make a note to do the totals next week! 🤣🧶🐑

I had trouble getting here the last 2 days. Sometimes I couldn't get on the internet at all! I did some :crocheting , I made more shamrock pins and 2 more baby hats, 2 balls gone (+2) :yay . The landlord wants to clean up the basement, anything not in storage units or labeled will be removed. The guy who owns the peddle/exercise machine said since I was the only one using it, I can move it to my apartment. Now I can peddle and watch TV :D . 

WTD:  + 2   YTD:  + 15

Ellie 13

• Like 1

For the Week Ending on 2/24/2024:

Gold Medal Winner!    Ellie 13  +2

Holding steady!

greyhoundgrandma  0

PBLKNP  0

NO SHOOT THE MOON!!!   

Thanks all, and have a joyous week!

:c9