Boxing Day 2024 - share any charity!

babypoohsmom

Finally I have finished the onesie.  It fits an 8" baby doll and it is knitted with size 10 thread.  It was different, but in a way fun.  I used size 1 needle, which is like knitting with sewing needles.

Knitted baby 02.jpg

Edited by Tampa Doll
  • Like 2

Mary Jo, the more I look at this, the more I fall in love with it.  You are so talented with these clothes.  Great job.

• Like 1

After seeing the American Girl Wellie Wishers I added the cheaper Glitter Girl for the kids who might want the "American Girl" experience but lacked the space for the larger doll.  It's been interesting seeing what other people are designing for the smaller version.

Glitter Girl Purple Dress

• Like 1

2 more outfits for an 8" doll.  I just finished shoes and panties for green/white outfit.

small doll LadyBug.jpg

small doll green& white.jpg

Edited by Tampa Doll
  • Like 3

Mary Jo that knitted onesie is crazy! Yikes. I barely want to touch a crochet hook smaller than a J, so your teenie tiny stitches amaze me. 
And Bailey, you are on a heck of a roll. You are just cranking out the work. But geez, did anyone notice that it’s already March? 
I played a bit of yarn chicken on this hat. It’s some homespun with Caron pounder. I didn’t have the ball band for the homespun. 

IMG_2795.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks.

If you guys see anything out there 18" size that either is for the boy or could be converted paid or free I periodically stock up.  I saw a basketball and baseball pattern that might be a good fit.  I could have sworn there was a hockey outfit, other than Darski's, out there that I never bought because I don't tend to do lots of sport themed items.  However, for the boy I'm just hopeful to find items that would work.

I have most of the outfits from Adoring dolls.  I just realized she had a couple of sport ones I'd missed that will have to go on my shopping list.  I found a baseball one from a vendor I've not used before that will go on my bday shopping list but I'm always looking for something new.

Edited by Bailey4

A long time ago when I was learning to crochet to make doll clothes for my now adult niece and great niece I had no issue with the 18" clothes because I could find outfits that used yarn.  However for their Barbie families it was a whole other issue. Almost everything I saw used thread.

However,  I found a whole website that has gone missing for free patterns to make Barbie clothes using yarn.  They are bulky but since I have fewer Ken patterns to choose from I dug through my binders to find some to use this year.

Ken Farmer

Brenda, those are so pretty. I love that you go from super bright in the first picture to the subtle pastels in the last one. You must really have fun picking colors.