Boxing Day 2024 - share any charity!

babypoohsmom

3 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

Our Generation Back to School

While a Back to School pattern it fit my Valentine's theme for the donation.  I'm going to continue through Feb to make some holiday outfits to go out with the dolls in Nov. 

Love the outfit and the glasses are perfect to top off the school theme!

I came across this yarn in my stash. It was a goodwill find and it did not have a ball band. Made this hat while watching a movie called Nyad about a 62 year old woman who swam from Cuba to Florida. It had Jodie Foster and Annette Bening as the main characters. There is enough yarn left for at least one more hat.  IMG_8523.thumb.jpeg.f2444edbdd2600e2af48236e0c95e000.jpegIMG_2788.thumb.jpeg.a58ca8daa23428e61dfdf5d781657f15.jpeg

Edited by babypoohsmom
  • Like 3

I got two hats out of the cake. Each was about 120g and I only have about 30g left. That will end up in a cat mat. I haven't made any of those in a while. 
IMG_2790.thumb.jpeg.0f51b358f6ffa4266b1123e29667b21a.jpeg

• Like 3

Barbie and family tend to be the more neglected part of the doll donation but I feel like I'm doing a better job this year.  While I have a collection of older patterns the sizes of the dolls don't always match which means constantly remaking of the patterns to fit the dolls.

However, I found a free pattern for Stacie and with a few adjustments its ready for the donation.

I haven't given up on making the Barbie clothes because I always wanted crocheted Barbie clothes as a kid. My Aunt used to sew and crochet beautiful clothes for her daughter's Barbies and extended family.  Mine came with her original Olympic outfit and that was the extent of her wardrobe beyond some stuff my sister and I attempted as no sew items for our dolls. 

Stacie Top and Skirt

• Like 1

Made another hat tonight. I accidentally grabbed a K hook instead of J so it came out kind of large, but it will be good for someone with thick hair.(Or a big head) 

IMG_2791.thumb.jpeg.f6915d27f9c170f2d8b2a76e2d45b9ef.jpeg

• Like 2

I've always loved doll outfits that are based on stories,  especially ones for kids.  I have some more complicated patterns on my someday list but I stumbled across some fairly simple patterns once I figure out the appropriate yarn/hook combo.

This was my first attempt at Red Riding Hood.  The suggested yarn is not one I can find so I tried size 3 crochet thread but the hook size was a bit small for Barbie and thus a Skipper outfit is born.

Skipper Red Riding Hood

• Like 1
  • Haha 1