Boxing Day 2024 - share any charity!

babypoohsmom

On 4/13/2024 at 8:31 PM, babypoohsmom said:

Today I took my dad to church and stayed in the parking lot with my crochet bag. When church was up, I pulled up to pick him up, turned off the car and it didn’t start again. So we were stuck waiting for AAA. So I was able to finish this hat! 
IMG_2828.thumb.jpeg.cda6220aae5cc05540fa048507ad8e76.jpeg

And my friend sent me a picture of the finished poncho. She’s found a few more patterns she wants to try as well. Glad she got her cro-jo back! 
IMG_8709.thumb.jpeg.4406d2da9380fba205c8e80149edfb38.jpeg

Pretty hat and the poncho turned out very pretty too. Sorry to hear about the car breakdown.

20 hours ago, bgs said:

Turned in prayer shawls on Tues and forgot to post.20240408_122307.thumb.jpg.0cce602f229151654eab12fff0f7ed79.jpg

20240408_151542.thumb.jpg.9a17b419b9e010378aef2f813bae1d5e.jpg

20240408_151816.thumb.jpg.c9e4978e4620bfdacb35fc0ee01d2e09.jpg

Such a beautiful group of prayer shawls! I am sure the receivers of them will be so blessed by your wonderful creations

16 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

I don’t think I posted a picture of my 2nd duck. I have a slight dilemma. I didn’t notice when I bought it but he has a battery and makes noise. I am worried that in 8 months when these are distributed that the battery will be dead and it will be a disappointment to the recipient. Should I keep my eyes open for a duck without a battery?
IMG_2830.thumb.jpeg.5fedacbcb8f548d83e4c5bf949e31038.jpeg 

Love your ducky loveys! As far as the  battery issues, may be look for those without batteries but they are so cute that the child getting them probably won't care.

I come here with a heavy heart.  I received a pm from pineknott's daughter Rene informing me that Lynn passed away April 14th in her sleep.

13 hours ago, bgs said:

I come here with a heavy heart.  I received a pm from pineknott's daughter Rene informing me that Lynn passed away April 14th in her sleep.

RIP Lyn.  Thanks for letting us know.  It is one of the challenges of a online community.

Another one from my Darski files

Lots to Love 14 Inch Baby Doll Sweet Baby Mine Dress

For some reason I don't think I've made this one before for the 14" doll.  When I looked just now it appears I made it as a gift for a 16" baby doll I gifted back in 2019, which tells me this can also be adapted for the larger baby doll. It also says I need to look through my doll binders more often for patterns that are getting neglected.

Oh no. I am so broken hearted about Lynn. She said she was having some health problems that were keeping her from crocheting but I so hoped that it was arthritis. Brenda, it’s nice that she reached out so we at least know what has happened. Please tell her how much we all cared about her mom. 

It is a great gift when there is family aware of online connections so people have a chance to know rather than just guessing.  It is an incredibly generous and kind thing for them to think of her online friends at this time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

I'm combining new and old patterns for Barbie and friends to get some outfits in the bags for the donation.

The poncho is a new pattern the pants and old.

Barbie Poncho and Pants

I love adding shawls and ponchos to the doll sets.  They usually work up fast and they can be used with other outfits.  

• Like 1

Lots to Love 10 Inch Baby Doll Sweetly Sweater and Pants

My Life Artist Print Dress

Was quite excited to get a coupon for some Wellie Wishers patterns that fit the Glitter Girl doll (sometimes with some modifications)  on Etsy. They aren't always as easy to find them in styles that are simple to make. I'm definitely doing better for this doll than I have in years past.

• Like 2

Bailey the “Artist Print Dress” is cute. I looked at the other patterns in that Etsy shop and I can see how you can be tempted to spend a lot of money on patterns! Super cute stuff. But I think my skill level only merits free patterns at the moment. But one day I’ll have to try a new pattern. I can’t keep making the same dress in different colors. I saw a you tube video where someone made pants and used a hairband for the waist elastic. I need to check out my thin hairbands to see if they are big enough for my doll’s waist. 
My friend who made the Harry Potter clothes and made the poncho last week asked her husband for an 18” doll for their anniversary! Since we don’t work together any more, we can’t share my doll like we used to. Of course he bought her one. She’s excited to try some new patterns. 

There are plenty of free patterns out there. 

I know you said free but the pants pattern that is my go to is Maggie's Crochet Abby, Allie & Annie set.  I bought well let's just not talk about how long its been but it was off her website and I have a hard copy.:yes It looks like she's selling on Etsy now.

I love this pants set because its easy and I've made it so many times now I don't even use the pattern anymore I just measure the doll's waist in chains and split for the crotch.  I have to check but the original pattern may use elastic or the hair bands. DH periodically picks up a card of the round colored ones at Walmart for my doll projects.

I know several patterns make the legs and join but that has always been a disaster for me.  I've even come across patterns that work the pants flat and sew together.  That just seems like a nightmare to me.

It's awesome to have a spouse who supports your hobbies.

As for buying patterns I go through phases of wanting something new for the 18 inch dolls.  I can justify it much easier for the other dolls because other than Barbie I don't have tons of patterns for them and some of hers are more display than practical for little hands.  I also like knowing I've encouraged someone to keep designing.