Boxing Day 2024 - share any charity!

babypoohsmom

Thanks for the suggestion.  Printed it out.  I have a pants pattern that will easily make shorts to work with it!!!

Our Generation Madison

This is one of my annual Darski patterns for the Our Generation dolls.  I've made it a few times for the My Life but it helps me make sure I have enough for the Our Generation.

• Like 1

Yep I stocked up on the Chelsea construction worker because I thought it was a great tie to the school.  If its still around when I finally finish off the construction worker I'd go for the camping doll.

I have to take my dad to church every Saturday. Yesterday the weather was nice so I decided to just sit in the parking lot and crochet while he went to mass. I was so proud of the start of a new Flamenco dress that I snapped a picture. I did NOT see the error in my hand but I saw it in the picture. So….yeah, had to start over. 
IMG_8584.thumb.jpeg.16c75a26fb9332faef79f286f2221b67.jpeg

I hate when I love the thought but not the outcome.  The color is pretty. 

I just about finished a Skipper sleeping bag at a Woman's retreat on Saturday.  People were fascinated wanting to know what it was and then commenting on the practical nature of it. 

I'm not good at sitting between sessions with small talk, so if I don't have someone to talk to having a small project is a great way to pass the time with no stress.  I'm calm working on my project and I don't feel pressured to find someone to pass the time with at the event. I have conversations when I want to have them.

Still working on making sure the boys leave with outfits this year.  Adoring Dolls thankfully has sets where she's made Boy/Girl so I do have a few options left.  I made Hermione a couple years back for the donation but wasn't donating one of the male dolls back then.  So this year I'm starting with Harry.  Hopefully I'll add Hermione for either the My Life or the female Our Generation.

Our Generation Boy Harry Potter

• Like 1

DH gifted me this pattern set a while back and I'm starting to work through it for the Barbie family. 

The theme is Christmas which I love but for the moment I need more generic clothes because many of the dolls lack outfits.  So I just changed the colors from Christmas themed to more general daily colors.  It would be great to go back and do a Christmas outfit.  I think I have a Ken Santa pattern some where but first I need to get him some basic outfits.

Ken Winter Clothes

Wow Bailey, you are doing great. I remember the year my co-worker did the Harry Potter dolls. 
I finished a flamenco dress after having to start over due to the extra V stitch. I don’t remember seeing through the skirt last year. Maybe I need to make a slip to go with the dress?

IMG_8590.thumb.jpeg.47ad83eb198423a2fc0d1395567f21d8.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Wow Bailey, you are doing great. I remember the year my co-worker did the Harry Potter dolls. 
I finished a flamenco dress after having to start over due to the extra V stitch. I don’t remember seeing through the skirt last year. Maybe I need to make a slip to go with the dress?

IMG_8590.thumb.jpeg.47ad83eb198423a2fc0d1395567f21d8.jpeg

That has happened to me before.  Some batches of RHSS seem to be a bit thinner while others are a bit thicker.  

• Like 1

Another travel project finished.  I like these simple patterns to take with me when I have to wait.  I tend to lack the patience for something that requires much thinking but these sleeping bag patterns have worked out well as they are a little more stimulating than repeated single stitch patterns but not enough that I end up missing stitches.

It was also a great chance to use more odd left over yarn.

Skipper Sleeping Bag

• Like 1

Been waiting for the 16" Baby dolls to go on sale finally was able to pick up enough to keep me going for a couple of cycles for a price I was OK paying!!!  I love this doll because it stays steady in size and I'm pretty comfortable with the sizing on the patterns I have for it.  I used to be able to scoop it up over the course of the year at a fairly decent price for a donation.  This was the best price I've seen in a bit so I'm doing my happy dance.

My Ken is being discontinued so I have to settle on a new one.  I was able to pick up a new Chelsea for when my supply of the construction ones finally runs out.  I stocked up before they discontinued because I thought it was a cute idea with the school being a trade/tech school to have a doll in the trades.  The new one is a camping one.  I seem to have moved into a camping theme.

I will say my exercise room is starting to look like an episode of doll hoarders and I'm not a collector.:rofl

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I have another dress done. This is some Red Heart I accidentally found at Walmart. It is a very thick #4 (in my opinion). Love the colors.

IMG_2801.jpeg

Edited by babypoohsmom
  • Like 2

Hi Bailey, I am so sorry. I seem to ask every year…but then never get to them, but can you point me the direction of the 18” doll shoes you like as well as the cradle purse (the triple stranded one)?  I think I still have the shawl pattern bookmarked. The friend I used to work with at the PD has her crochet ju-ju back and needs something to do! (She’s the one that made the Harry Potter clothes). We finally met up yesterday. I spoke to her a few days ago and she said she had a birthday present. I asked her if she made it. She said yes. I asked if it was baby Groot. She said maybe. I was just kidding but she literally made this in only a few days time with no pattern. What she had actually made was the fat cat. 

IMG_8596.jpeg

IMG_8603.jpeg

Moses Basket

I found the original pattern as written was huge so I make the following changes:

I use an I hook for the first 10 rows and then switch to a K hook for the remainder of the pattern.

The woman doesn't sell the sailor girl dress I use the shoes from for the 18" dolls.  However, Adoring dolls and lots of others make a shoe with a strap in the "Mary Jane" style shoe.  The strap helps keep the shoes on the feet. 

There are free videos showing how to make them but I wasn't able to find a free written pattern with my quick search for the shoes.  I do believe they are a staple in several outfit patterns because they do stay on the feet pretty well.

If you are asking about baby doll shoes for the 16" dolls that is Darski's Peachy Keen pattern.  These are the only shoes I've ever made that stay on that doll's feet.  They are a similar style to the Mary Jane shoe and I can't say I've ever tried fitting them to the larger doll.

I haven't checked Darski's 18" patterns but my recollection is most of her dolls are wearing store shoes.  I'm not sure she has patterns for shoes.

It's been crazy busy lately but in many good ways.  I finished this one up Saturday.  I hadn't realized how long it had been since I had made this last.

Maggie's Crochet were some of the first doll patterns I used when I was making clothes for my nieces.  I still find myself revisiting them as they work for the project.

Ready for Spring

• Like 1

Thanks Bailey. I spent more than an hour last night looking for shoe patterns on you tube, etc. I fumble with things that small. I always end up with a wad of yarn that doesn’t look anything like a shoe. I’ll keep trying but in the meantime, I might as well do what I am good at. 

18 minutes ago, babypoohsmom said:

Thanks Bailey. I spent more than an hour last night looking for shoe patterns on you tube, etc. I fumble with things that small. I always end up with a wad of yarn that doesn’t look anything like a shoe. I’ll keep trying but in the meantime, I might as well do what I am good at. 

This has become my go to pattern for doll shoes.  

https://www.crochetspot.com/crochet-pattern-doll-booties/#more-24259

• Like 1

Well it looks like a shoe…

IMG_8611.thumb.jpeg.80bf4d92bb8fbb1318356c422bc49cfb.jpeg

But when I tried to put it on, it looks like Cinderella’s step sister trying on the golden slipper…

IMG_8610.thumb.jpeg.dcd4161ac45f6761cb20014f640fcc38.jpeg

General shape looks right. Just needs to be a little bigger.  Seems like you have admitted to crocheting on the tight side.  Try going up a hook size.  Sometimes I have to pull them apart and start over but overall this pattern has worked out the best for me.