New Format...Crochet! magazine

Red883

January, 2006 issue is starting the new year out right!

I'm impressed! and now glad I renewed my CGOA membership.

New magazine format/layout; new models; larger; more pages :clap

Love that funky kimono coat :hook I haven't wanted to start anything new in ages till I saw that...and more.

I totally agree with you! I have been so disappointed and then got this in the mail and am SO happy to see a good move forward for them. The jacket on the front cover is already on my hook!

Ooooh, this is my favorite mag and to hear that it's even better is awesome! I just called Michael's and they have it! Since they usually have 3-5 copies at most I hope there are still some there after work!

I just wish it was a Monthly mag! That would be awesome! Seems like 2 months is a long time to wait for a new issue!

Grrrrrrrrr! When I read this earlier today, I was hoping to come home and find the new issue in my mailbox but no such luck. It always takes forever for me to get my issues. I always get them at least a week after they show up in the stores, which really irks me. It used to be that one of the benefits of being a subscriber was getting the issue BEFORE non-subscribers could buy it in stores. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I can't tell you how many times I'm tempted to just buy a copy I see in the store because I get impatient waiting for it to arrive in my mailbox. Patience is definitely NOT one of my virtues!

I got mine earlier in the week and, par for the course, the stuff I like doesn't fit and the stuff that fits I don't like. Not sure about the attitude the models seem to display-some look like they wish they were anywhere but in front of the camera.

Did you catch the booboo about the cable afghan?

I could scream! I went to Michaels last night (as I was assured they had it) and nope! What they had was BHG Simply Creative Crochet and Interweave Knits Crochet which have both been out for awhile (they just got them yesterday!) I'll try Jo-Anns today since Michaels won't be putting out any new mags for at least a week! GRRRRR!

Was it Crochet! or Crochet Fantasy that a bunch of us said we hated since the new format? I have been waiting for my subscription to run out on one of them and it would be my luck to have the cool be the one to run out!:(

And I STILL haven't see Simply Creative yet.

I agree! It's so frustrating to NOT be able to find crochet mags!!! Jo Ann stores are about the BEST at keeping up to date on their magazine racks. Hobby Lobby is the WORST! They still have "Crochet!" APRIL 2005 on their rack!!! Many people have told me they would buy the Nov. issue of Crochet! (my Purple Wrap is in there) IF they could find it! What's up with these stores? Don't they know crochet is HOT HOT HOT!?!?! I have asked store managers, and they usually say they don't have any say-so in what the magazine person displays.... and I have even left little sticky notes on the magazine racks saying, "Where are the CROCHET magazines?" There are usually several Knitting mags, which I appreciate, but I wish they would carry the crochet ones, too!

Thanks for letting me vent!!! I feel better! LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

Mine just came in the mail today; it's much bigger than before! :clap I love the Ripped Jeans jacket, though I'd do mine in a different yarn. The Stone River sweater is gorgeous too.

i agree, i love it too, hubby looked at it and says 18.00 is to much for a magazine

i said is for a year. son being the stinker he is

says its only for 6

thats 3.00 each

well i have news for him its 5.00 when you don't subscribe and since i have all of the issues and will continue to get them he can stuff it:devil :devil :devil :devil i don't complain about his car magazines:P :P thanks for letting me vent :lol :lol

Mine just came in the mail today; it's much bigger than before! :clap I love the Ripped Jeans jacket, though I'd do mine in a different yarn. The Stone River sweater is gorgeous too.

I was just thrilled with the new Crochet! I let my subscription go, because I wasn't that thrilled with a couple of them...now I wish I hadn't. I love the pink jacket on the cover, and a few of the patterns inside!!

Well I finally found this issue! I really like it! The first 1/2 of the mag has patterns I will never make, but the 2nd 1/2 is fantastic! It's also larger than it used to be which I love! There are a couple of things I really want to make out of it!

I just wish they would have "real" models in the mag instead of these runway type people who do not look anything like real people! I mean, come on now, how many of us really go out of the house looking like these women? I would rather they kept it "real"... JMO!

I got mine in yesterday's mail and am pleased with most of the projects shown. I plan on doing the chain link scarf, the ripped jeans jacket, the elastic beaded bracelet, and the free spirit poncho. :-)

I really like the kimono coat, but do not think I have anyone who could wear it. It would be too overpowering on me. :-{

Yes, this issue is definitely an improvement and it's the first issue I've bought in a long time. I will wait to see how long it last before renewing my subscription. Crochet Fantasy really sucks since it's new format and I'm waiting for that to run out

I found this at JoAnn's and thought it had some really cute patterns - especially the halter top and the cropped sweater. (I'd love to make that one with short or no sleeves)

I too liked the bracelet pattern and the dragonfly earrings too. :)

Me neither. And it is definitely out at the store. :emptymail

It is at Jo Ann Fabric Stores - I saw them today. They're the best at keeping their mags up to date and neat! Hobby Lobby is terrible! What a mess, they're all jumbled, and today I saw "Crochet!" JANUARY 2004 still on the rack!!!

Archived