New Format...Crochet! magazine

Red883

I found this at JoAnn's and thought it had some really cute patterns - especially the halter top and the cropped sweater. (I'd love to make that one with short or no sleeves)

I too liked the bracelet pattern and the dragonfly earrings too. :)

I'm glad you liked the bracelet. I think the cropped top would look cute sleeveless.

Bendy

It is at Jo Ann Fabric Stores - I saw them today. They're the best at keeping their mags up to date and neat! Hobby Lobby is terrible! What a mess, they're all jumbled, and today I saw "Crochet!" JANUARY 2004 still on the rack!!!

Still didn't arrive in the mail today. I don't want to have to go and buy it at the store. They have copies of it there but the reason I subscribed was so I don't have to pay six dollars every time I see it at store. :sigh

I mean, come on now, how many of us really go out of the house looking like these women?

I totally agree with you on this! Really, we need more of the hungry supermodel look about like we need to see the phrase "not your grandmother's crochet" yet again. :ohdear

I just found this yesterday at B&N, and I'll tell you my husband & I were making fun of a lot of the patterns. The kimono coat...:blinkThe "confetti cross stitch jacket" looks like it's got mange. (How can multiple small tufts of fur seem like a good idea?) And the cropped sweater struck me as just, well, dumb--but I've never understood the allure of sleeveless turtlenecks, either. Oh, but my favorite ugly pattern is the "Posy Patch Hat." The words "optional corkscrew curls" really should have given the editor pause...

But there are some really gorgeous things in there. I love the jacket on the cover, the elastic beaded bracelet (Thanks, Bendy! It will probably wind up being the only project I make out of the magazine any time in the near future. :hook), the beaded lace cami is nice, even if I could never wear it, & I really, really like the "sweet hearts" shawl & the blankie part of "bubblegum baby."

And I do think the article on coture crochet ("Make Your Own Crochet Skirt Template") is worth the entire price of the magazine.

Yeah, the idea of a cropped sweater kind of puzzled me too - but then, here in the desert, I can only wear long sleeves ~3 months out of the year.

I thought the style was cute... but without the sleeves...

Archived