In a "Crafty" mood

leftyakron

It does not matter how very busy I am - when the holidays arrive - I am ready to CROCHET - with absolutely no hopes of completing all the things I want to before Christmas.

Hi everyone! I have been crocheting since the 4th grade. My mom taught me. She is a Righty but learn to crochet Lefty just so she could teach me.

I like working on doilies best. I also enjoy bead and button crocheting and have sold some of my items in a local shop but mostly like to give them away!

I plan to attempt cro-tat this coming year and make more jewerly and possibly a tablecloth.

Just wanted to say hi! Happy holidays to all!

Hello and welcome to Crochetville from an American living across in Belgium! I tried to teach my niece while I was home this summer to crochet, but did not have enough time....or patience really! She is a lefty so I tried to reverse myself (I'm fairly ambidextrous in most things) but was unable to spend enough time learning! I'll try again if she is still interested while I am in the US for the holidays! Glad to have you join us!! :hug

Welcome to the forum. I agree, this is the time of year when you feel most like being creative. I think handmade gifts are the best. I like to give them and I like to receive them. We'd love to see some of your creations. Hope to hear from you again. Happy Hooking. :hook

Welcome from WA. I started doing cro-tat last year and had a lot of fun learning how to do it. I had always wanted to learn tatting and have not taken the time to do that yet and thought perhaps the cro-tat would be a good second choice. I made bookmarks, some doilies, and some edgings on some squares. I have really enjoyed doing this 'new' stitch pattern. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I have.

Archived