Gift making for 2022! ***CLOSED****

judianne

24 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

That's a cute outfit. I guess the dolls are slightly different sizes so you have to buy more clothes for each one?!

It's funny that the dolls change from year to year. Looks like that would complicate production.

Nah they resize all the clothing and accessories and increase sales, plus the little ones will want a newer model. 😊

Chelsea Dress

I don't know if any of you remember the Fibre Craft Cindy dolls.  I picked up a couple at Craft sales that are still sitting in their original packaging because I never figured out what to do with them.  However, the dolls did come with crochet patterns.  As I mentioned yesterday, I tried with the Stacie doll, I finally got it to fit the Chelsea doll.

Thank you ladies! Attic24 patterns are so easy. I regularly use that pattern and also the cosy pattern. With UK designers many us a lighter weight yarn, so the pattern needs tweaking if you want the design to run in the direction it was designed to.  I usually don't worry about it too much...lol!

The other one that works up fast is Gardner's Peek a Boo pattern. It can be found on her blog. 

Bailey, love the doll outfit!

And Cindy, those hats look great!

• Like 1

Awesome work, Bailey...and I'm eith you in using stash!

My current baby boy blanket was a " just because"...but a friend is going to be a great aunt in July and when I showed her the squares she raved over them! Yay!!

• Like 1

Bailey, that's so cute...I'm still amazed at how you can make so many ....what some people call..."fiddly" outfits. I'll bet every one you finish makes you smile!

This is the blanket I finished for that baby gift I mentioned. 

All from stash...the indoor lighting is awful: off white, blue, and gray...all "I Love this yarn" from Hobby Lobby.

20220121_070012.jpg

• Like 3

I posted my first hoopoe in "Toys" thread. When my niece saw him, she was soooo delighted she wanted to take him home, so I had to make her another one. Now two hoopoes are sitting on their perches. My niece will choose if she wants smaller or bigger one.

By the way, now I know hoopoes are Eurasian and African birds.

20220127_155117.thumb.jpg.186ffe12010d76459f46ab256b3abd00.jpg

• Like 2

• judianne changed the title to Gift making for 2022! ***CLOSED****