Gift making for 2022! ***CLOSED****

judianne

Whew...January 1st is almost gone! I'm hopeful that crochet, and other crafts, will help us get through this year, whatever comes our way. To me these past 2 years have passed by in a blur, but crocheting has always been my peaceful place.

Here's to another year of blessing others by doing what we love ❤ 

Edited by judianne

I'll be first: 2 more blankets for the NICU. Blues are the predominant color in the big granny square and the little squares are made up of odds and ends of homespun. Both are baby size...and what was I thinking, you ask, working with homespun to make small squares?

Short answer: I can't help myself 😂

20211230_182423.jpg

20220101_180002.jpg

• Like 7

The blankets are beautiful.

I'm cheating as I'm still catching up on posting my 2021 Christmas presents.  I got behind and decided to focus on doing nothing but finishing.  I still like the posts as they remind me what I mind, where I found the pattern, and what if any changes I made.

Lil Cutesies Dress, Knickers, Hat, and Shoes

Purple Dress Monkey Finger Puppet

I started the last of the 5 Little Monkey finger puppets in the summer and then when it was clear I wouldn't be able to send the box I put her aside in favor of doll donation stuff.  Of course I later realized I only had finished her head and scrambled to get her done so she could be part of the birthday presents that were extremely late.

• Like 1

Well it's only 6 days in a new year and you've been busy bees already !

Pretty projects! 

And yes, as Judianne said, crocheting is always a safe place and we are lucky ;)

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 1:32 PM, NCcountrygal said:

Making gift dishcloths in between other projects.  2 Christmas colors done and a green, ribbed with pink daisy applique.  No photos taken.

Finally got a photo.  🙂

IMG_0633.JPG

Really cute dishcloths!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

This was the last of my 2021 Christmas gifts.  On to the 2022 doll donations although the first doll donation was a Christmas gift that didn't make the deadline.

Lil Cutesies Pink Dress, Knickers, and Shoes

Aww...that's too adorable!!!

18 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Aw shucks, that's sweet but there are many blessed with talent on Crochetville, including you.

This forum is where I learned so much! The many talented people I've known over the years have really helped me.💖

• Like 1

Lil Cutesies Picnic

This was actually a failed Christmas Gift that becomes my first donation item of 2022.  I needed 2 for it to be part of the Christmas package and I only had time for one so it is off to the donations.  This has become a tradition to include with the donations so its one item of my to do list and the girls still got plenty of doll outfits.

• Like 2

Barbie Peach Gown

Getting those small outfits made for the donation early on in the year.  I find it interesting how varied in size/shape/dimensions the Barbie dolls are from model to model.  This one is quite different from the one I used last year that they stopped making.  I stocked up so I can use this model for at least a couple donations before having to resize again.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2022 at 11:45 AM, Bailey4 said:

Lil Cutesies Picnic

This was actually a failed Christmas Gift that becomes my first donation item of 2022.  I needed 2 for it to be part of the Christmas package and I only had time for one so it is off to the donations.  This has become a tradition to include with the donations so its one item of my to do list and the girls still got plenty of doll outfits.

Awww......

• judianne changed the title to Gift making for 2022! ***CLOSED****