Boxing Day 2022, share any charity work!

babypoohsmom

Aw darn. I hope Darski is ok. She would pop in from time to time, but now that I look back I can see that we haven’t heard from her in a while. I know she said her hands were a problem, but not much more than that. 

I miss her greatly.  Once my card came back and I checked in here I had no way forward to find out more.

It was time to add some clothing for Ken's donation.  I've found the most luck with some rather old House of White Birches and Crochet World publications.  These are printed on newsprint and only one has colored pictures but the clothes do seem to be easy to adapt so Ken gets some outfits for the donation.

Ken PJ's and Robe

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Aw darn. I hope Darski is ok. She would pop in from time to time, but now that I look back I can see that we haven’t heard from her in a while. I know she said her hands were a problem, but not much more than that. 

I think I remember Darski mentioning being stuck in her apartment for some period of time when there were extended elevator repairs because she couldn't do stairs. But no specific health issue was named. Hopefully she's able to be back on line at some point.

Bailey I used the laugh emoji on your Ken post because I looked at the picture without reading the description and thought “Ken takes karate”! 
Oops I guess Ken goes to bed. My bad. But still, excellent work with tiny pieces. 

I guess we all have our ears to the ground for any news of Darski, but a retuned letter doesn’t seem like a broken elevator issue. I hope she is with family.

Darski mentioned the elevator being down for service for several weeks some time ago because at the time her health was such that she either could not do stairs or at best it was extremely difficult for her.  Her plan was to stock up and stay in her apartment for the duration.  Time passed and  her health deteriorated to the point she could not crochet.  Even then she tried to pop in here periodically.  The returned mail tells me her health most likely deteriorated to the point she has had to move and its bad enough she cant get online to check in here.

3 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Bailey I used the laugh emoji on your Ken post because I looked at the picture without reading the description and thought “Ken takes karate”! 
Oops I guess Ken goes to bed. My bad. But still, excellent work with tiny pieces. 

I guess we all have our ears to the ground for any news of Darski, but a retuned letter doesn’t seem like a broken elevator issue. I hope she is with family.

Actually the karate thing came to me when I finished it.  Who knows a creative child may decide Ken needs a Karate outfit more than PJ's.  :rofl

• Haha 1

Chris I think that it is terrible that the Ken/Barbie dolls vary so much and so often in size.  I would have been devastated if the clothes my aunt used to make for mine hadnt fit.  

Time to make sure Skipper doesn't get forgotten.

Skipper Little Sister Pretty Ensemble

On a different note found a camping set for Stacie and Skipper and Barbie Wilderness Guide set for a younger relative's bday.  No idea if Barbie is going to be a hit or not so didn't make clothes but if it is I'll make the dolls some clothes for Christmas and include a Chelsea for the set. If not no loss.  I'm sure they'll get passed along as there are lots of kids in the extended family.  I liked this theme because it had lots of animals and camping seemed like the perfect summer activity.

I love the petal dress. That is super cute. 
My rescue had a lot of adoptions this weekend. We did 11 in 2 days in the Petsmart store where I volunteer, so it was time to get more blankets cut! A17A61EE-9E3D-4A6E-8BFB-D19274426CCA.thumb.jpeg.5c291712e687b25b3e43f4d0a72ca759.jpeg

• Like 1