Boxing Day 2022, share any charity work!

babypoohsmom

Bailey, I got the thank you note from the Aztec’s today and a 2nd one was in the envelope. Sorry I forgot to send you my coworker’s info but I’ll take the note to her tomorrow.  Can we really be starting 2023 in a few weeks? Yikes.

On 12/16/2022 at 11:09 PM, babypoohsmom said:

Bailey, I know I asked you years ago…but can you tell me which pattern you use for bassinets? My friend at work likes to try new things and I think she might try one. 
(The girl who made the Harry Potter clothes)

She made me this for Christmas. She started it and then the pattern disappeared from the internet and she had to finish it by “eyeballing it”. B20CD37C-E0F1-4783-B214-C9FD2A83EEDF.thumb.jpeg.46f98aac0840cd522a12400165555ce1.jpeg

The Cat is adorable.

Happy to share it is a wonderful free pattern I just can't make it any more with my hands due to the number of strands.

Dolly Moses Basket

I'm using a Annie Potter pattern for the small dolls Sweet Baby Doll Layette.

I'm so glad all of you are getting your thank you letters.  Usually they send out a card with just a picture of the kids and the gifts.  I was surprised to find DH and I in the pictures.  I'm the one in the pink shirt with the name tag and DH is in the black jacket with a name tag.  They always take pictures but other than one article years ago where they were trying to get positive community support for the school we've never been seen in the public image of the donation before.

Hi everyone! I have opened up the new CAL thread. 
I have decided that I need to start tracking my mileage for rescue to see if it adds up to anything I need to consider on my taxes. I am also going to be tracking my volunteer hours this year. As we are 100% volunteer based, sometimes when we apply for grants, they ask us how many volunteer hours we log annually. I will count sewing time but probably won’t count crochet time because that is usually combined with watching TV.  I always think I am going to do a better job tracking the finished items I donate but that seems to drop off pretty quickly every year. I feel like if I can remember to do 2 out of 3, that would be great.

Do you have any goals for 2023? I hope to do more lovies this year. After the 2nd round, they are easy and I need a lot of easy in my life at the moment. 

Maybe put your list/tally of finished projects on the refrigerator where you'll see it all the time. I used to keep a list of projects in a cute little book but the last couple of years I haven't crocheted as much and haven't remembered to put it on the list--and I do occasionally need to look back to see what pattern or yarn I used on a project.

Happy Boxing Day all!!!

I find my phone is great for tracking stuff.  It has that note section that is perfect because I can't lose the notebook, etc.  It is also there when I'm at the Dr.'s office etc. with anything I might not have thought to bring.

It's a great place to track stuff quickly like time spent because it can travel with you as well.

The blog has worked well for tracking year to year because I end up forgetting what yarn/hook/pattern etc. and it is all documented there for me to find.  I went back for info on the small doll carriers because I didn't make them last year.

Just need to finish a handle for the first small doll carrier.  Need to sew in the ends for the accompanying blanket. 

Looking forward to the 2023 thread to see what everyone is up to!!!