Boxing Day 2022, share any charity work!

babypoohsmom

Thanks Bailey. I have the Harry Potter outfits snug in their ziplocks ready to go.

Stef, the cat mats are very nice. I saw the first picture and though “hmm, does she know that is a dog”?  But I see that the kitty got to do a test on the new blanket too! 
And Tampa, traffic control is not that glamorous. It consists of a lot of sweat (still so hot here and there is no shade) and too many people rolling their windows down to yell at you because they think we can egress 35,000 people from a stadium in 15 minutes!!  On Sunday one of our major intersections had a light malfunction and went into a 4 way flashing red. Nobody seems to know what a flashing red means anymore. 

• 2 weeks later...

WOW!!!!  The box arrived this morning.  These are beautiful. 

I'm currently inventorying a box from my Mom and it is a blessing at 90 that she's sending me stuff but most of it literally has been "tryal" and error in figuring out which item is for which doll.  As in I need to try on each outfit to figure out which outfit will fit what doll.

This is different from dressing up the dolls and taking pictures to put in the bags so the kids can match doll to outfit.  This is literally putting the outfit on several dolls until I figure out which one it will fit, then taking the pictures for the bags.  I think I've identified all the Lil Cutesies stuff and the stuff that will fit the Our Generation 18" doll.  The outfits are a little big for the My Life dolls.

Bless her heart she made stuff for everything from the Lil Cutesies to the 18" doll.   I think there is stuff in there for a Cabbage patch doll Darski sent me that I haven't donated yet as it needs a wardrobe and a boy 18" doll with the same situation.  Those dolls are in boxes at the very bottom of all the donation stuff so DH will be pulling them out so I can confirm this was what she made and prepare them for this year's donation. There's some baby doll stuff that I'm not quite sure about but thankfully I have so many sizes one doll is bound to fit the items she sent.

I mention this because I always look forward to your boxes.  Your stuff is beautiful.  I wanted you to know it arrived safely.  I just want to get my Mom's stuff labeled and put with the donation stuff before I open another box.

I had no idea my Mom was sending me a box.  So, I have an abundance of rich's this week to prep.

I can't wait to get to yours.  The pictures you posted are truly beautiful.

• Like 1

Wow Chris!  Thats fantastic that your mom is 90 and making so many doll clothes.  

My box will be easy when you are ready to get to it.  The outfits and and their accompanying accessories are packed in ziploc bags.  Then the box is stuffed with doll blankets. 

• Like 1

Wow Brenda, you have been so busy! Wow, I love the pink dress with the fluffy yarn. So cute. And I always look forward to seeing your stockings and picking my favorite one. I like the purple and blue one at the top right of the 2nd picture! 

I have been working on all this off and on through out the year.  It was time to get it mailed off before the holiday surcharge on postage goes into effect in Oct.  

Denise I really liked that stocking too but then I like the first one top left of that photo with that band of yellow. Its funny though because they often look entirely different if I flip them over.

Brenda I have some sorting to do with Mom's box and I couldn't resist going through your box this morning.  I know I've seen the pictures of the blankets as you've posted them but seeing them all together in one box was such a beautiful treat.  I really haven't had the chance to make blankets this year and you always come through to make sure all the dolls leave with blankets!!  They are all so beautiful and different.  I love the different patterns you chose.

I am using the pictures you took to put in the bags going out to the kids as your shots are great.

I'm posting a thank you in the FGM post as well.

Glad the blankets help!   We get assorted yarn from donations for prayer shawls.  They  want us to make them from acrylic worsted/ medium weight.  They sort it out and was going to take the rest to a thrift store but it sat there for quite awhile.  One day it finally occurred to me that it would work for doll clothes and blankets.  

It means all the dolls get blankets that we donate and we also are able to send blankets with other donated dolls and stuffed animals when we exceed the dolls we donate.  Yours are always so beautiful. 

Dang, I forgot about the postage going up. I can hardly believe it’s October today.

I’ve had kind of a crummy year, but the good news is, I have reached my “points” for pension so the next time I have too many bad days in a row, I might tap out. I still have to work (insurance, I am too young for social security) but I don’t have to work THERE.

Brenda, funny that you have a favorite. I’m sure it’s fun to see them get their colors going as you make them. 

Lol, what do you call this kind of hat?
I grew up in Milwaukee where a drinking fountain is a bubbler and we drank pop, not soda. Also found out that even though there is a Dunkin Donuts on every corner in CT, they don’t know what a “long John” is and regular coffee doesn’t mean caffeinated (as opposed to decaf), but indicates that you want cream and sugar. 
My husband from NY says “close the lights” - sorry that one is just odd. 7BC4C742-0F66-40B1-8DB4-883D35160F59.thumb.jpeg.e57668ad9b081670ef9a9592df917e72.jpeg

• Like 1

We say shut the lights. 

We drink from a foun ain (no T's) or we change the T's to D's.  We drink soda and eat a hoagie.  Oh and we go to the shore.

Funny how different parts of the country talk.

That hat is a knitted or crocheted hat.

Edited by Tampa Doll
  • Haha 1

Thank goodness for football season. I finally sit still for a few hours at a time. Got this dress done on Sunday. Finally!

I got a bag of yarn at Goodwill and this was loosely crocheted into what might have been the start of a scarf. I pulled it out and decided it would be great for a dress. I played some yarn chicken with this one and only had a tiny ball the size of a quarter when I was done. I don’t know the brand or anything. 

0751E56F-1972-4C92-AB03-171A253D7DB2.jpeg

Edited by babypoohsmom
  • Like 3

If I end up with hats or mittens I always throw them into the box.  The families can always use them as winters are cold up here.  I've seen people describe benies that look like beret's etc. so I've learned to ask rather than guess at what people are describing. 

What a beautiful dress.  I love the striped yarns and how the colors blend.