Boxing Day 2022, share any charity work!

babypoohsmom

Wow Bailey. You are lucky. It was already 80 here today. I have no idea why I live in AZ. I hate the sunshine and heat. Loved it until about high school. I always remind myself that you don’t have to shovel sunshine.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Wow Bailey. You are lucky. It was already 80 here today. I have no idea why I live in AZ. I hate the sunshine and heat. Loved it until about high school. I always remind myself that you don’t have to shovel sunshine.

Sometimes I wonder about living in a different climate. MS can be really hot in the summer. There's lots of humidity all year round that makes the hot hotter and the cold colder. It's a small town in a rural county and everybody knows everybody and all their business. But the plus side of that is neighbors are there to help when it's needed often without you having to ask. Friendships often go back to childhood. So I guess the people aspect of it makes up for any negatives of the weather. LOL

Bailey, great progress on your outfits. They're all cute, as usual.

We are here to celebrate the last of the 16" doll diapers for 2022!!!:elle

Doll Diaper 4 two sets complete

I also thought I'd share these picks.  Last year a Barbie blogger got me going to Dollar Tree looking for Barbie accessories, furniture, and shoes. 

When I was there after Christmas I found some food items that would work for the 18" doll donation.  Picked up my latest stove set last night for the dolls but thought I'd share the others as well. 

I'd never thought about checking out the Dollar store for accessories but turns out they've been helpful.  They often have the brand name Mattel shoes for Barbies if you are looking for Barbie shoes.  I know when I was looking before they can be hard to find. The food stuff is generic Dollar Tree but I still think will add some fun.

Plastic Play Food Donationa 2022.jpg.png

Tea Set Donation 2022.jpg.png

Plastic Food Donation 2022.jpg.png

Love the colors!!! With this cold there is quite the need.

I used to use the blue one for the doll hats.  Now you have me thinking I have to go find it and play with it again.  It would be a nice break for my hands occasionally.  I even indulged in the padded hook for it back in the day.:yes

1 hour ago, Bailey4 said:

Love the colors!!! With this cold there is quite the need.

I used to use the blue one for the doll hats.  Now you have me thinking I have to go find it and play with it again.  It would be a nice break for my hands occasionally.  I even indulged in the padded hook for it back in the day.:yes

I wound up with a lot of beige that was slated for the thrift store so I used that for my second strand.  For most part I like knitted hats over crocheted ones.  I have been looking at my looms and thinking about the dolls.   Good to know which loom works for doll hats.  I have been wondering about skirts.

6 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

Still using the dolls to fight against the cold of winter.  58 today, 60 tomorrow and then snow on Sat but...

Lots to Love 8" Doll Bathing Suit

I should have been doing that too!  We had our 60's yesterday and then 7 inches of snow today.  Its been on a 2 to 2 1/2 week cycle like this since Jan 1. After a low of 8° tonight they are taunting us with a high of °38 tomorrow---I cant see it getting that warm with so much snow on the ground.

I looked at buying some this year but I didn't see anything I liked that was close to what I was willing to spend. I like sending them because its not just a fun play item but it is a good place to store the doll when the child isn't using it.  It's also the reason I like to include the diaper bags because all the clothes and accessories can be tucked away and space can be important for families.  My sister has less time on her hands this year to make stuff so I think I found a diaper bag solution I am willing to buy.  I'm just not making them anymore.