Boxing Day 2022, share any charity work!

babypoohsmom

Very pretty.  Be careful, I have a couple that the sleeves fall down, they are just on the edge of the arm.  And the boobies do not hold the dress up. :2blush   Kind of embarrassing when someone sees them on the table.:rofl

You are really going to knock the socks off those kids next year.

• Haha 1

Here is a new cat mat. More gifted homespun with leftover brown acrylic and light blue CSS. I like the softness of the CSS but I get a lot of loose loops with it which is not good for the cats. So I end up pulling it back or pulling the loop enough to tie it off. I finished a very scrappy one tonight but the ends aren’t weaved so I can’t count it as done. There is a lot of anxiety and disappointment crocheted into that one because of the Packers big fat loss tonight. Sigh..1DB03749-A79A-4EB7-A4F4-A82ADA6CB303.thumb.jpeg.4dcd41c833048c58099d4c12af35d60b.jpeg

• Like 1

Your mats have inspired me to dig out the little bit of homespun I still have and try it with a second yarn. I always hated working with it. A couple of mats to put on chairs or the bed would be great. Less washing bedspreads and dehairing chairs. LOL

Love the mat.  I am sure the kitties are going to love them.

Oh Man I could not believe the Packers won.  Let's hope for the Bucs today.  So far looks like new teams winning.  Ones not in for a while.

Have you tried cotton for your mats?  I remember some of the girls here saying their cats loved to sleep inside their bags.

Bailey, the Barbie sundress turned out well. It seems firmly in place.

Here is the cat mat I made during the Packer’s pathetic playoff game. The only constant is the blue homespun. I didn’t think I had enough to get through a whole mat or I would have tried to make a pretty matched one.  Our rescue is going to be “moving in” to a new adoption center at a Petsmart near my house, so we are busy getting it cleaned up, painted and fully stocked with comfy beds and toys, so it’s going to be a busy weekend for me. 
3EB0A858-4C95-4A9E-BF80-E66E041EF786.thumb.jpeg.614ef5a236c6a4656e114e5c00e6ee97.jpeg

Edited by babypoohsmom
  • Like 1

I also buy fleece when it is on sale or I find remnants to cut into blankets for the cats who are kenneled in the adoption center. We send the blankets home with the cats when they get adopted so they have a bit of a scent transfer to ease their anxiety. I got 28 new blankets cut and tagged. I also make “toys” out of the salvage ends. The cats sometimes grab them with their front paws and “rabbit kick” them and others just bat them around the floor. I like to use up everything I can. 
E4C65258-AD57-4289-9E0D-0B2FEA352810.thumb.jpeg.f89c4a85cbaf79a547ab7a6675f943df.jpeg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

I also buy fleece when it is on sale or I find remnants to cut into blankets for the cats who are kenneled in the adoption center. We send the blankets home with the cats when they get adopted so they have a bit of a scent transfer to ease their anxiety. I got 28 new blankets cut and tagged. I also make “toys” out of the salvage ends. The cats sometimes grab them with their front paws and “rabbit kick” them and others just bat them around the floor. I like to use up everything I can. 
E4C65258-AD57-4289-9E0D-0B2FEA352810.thumb.jpeg.f89c4a85cbaf79a547ab7a6675f943df.jpeg

What a great project.  Fleece is a good choice for dogs and cats.

I got two new hats done last week. I must have subconsciously wanted the Rams to win their game because I picked up the yellow and blue partial balls I had for some reason. Keller, our deaf kitty was not planning to get out of the way any time soon, so I just gave up. 6BAFB94E-07D2-419B-8AE4-338B2EBABB08.thumb.jpeg.262213672d0ff73dca2f0d76321114ad.jpegrD39E136E-3533-4F3F-BC07-8CC811D156E3.thumb.jpeg.3ec7deb93475757d1a3492b56186cd49.jpeg

• Like 1