Hi from the UK!

gracefurness

Hi, my name's Grace and I'm from Essex (near London) in the UK. I have been crocheting since I was a little girl (1966) and I love to crochet fine circular christening shawls. It can be difficult to find the patterns, but I usually find them in Charity (thrift) shops. Is there any one else out there who collects vintage patterns? I have a lot. Too much, my husband says :lol

Oh, we also have a home in Davenport, Florida which we are visiting at the moment. We go back to chilly old England on Saturday.

Well, look forward to chatting to everyone.

Grace

Thank you soooo much for all your good wishes! When I get back home I will post a picture of my latest project - a 3 ply circular shawl from a 1960s/70's pattern. My other projects have gone to various new mums & my 3 beautiful granddaughters - now aged 5,4 & 2. It's great fun being a younger nan (49) and I love them to bits, especially as we had 2 sons. :manyheart

Hello Grace!! Welcome to Crochetville from an American living across the Channel from the UK in Belgium! I am off to London in 2 weeks for a few days with a quick trip up to Liverpool to watch the Newcastle versus Everton game...yes, even being an American I am football mad...and I'm not talking about American football! :lol

Glad to have you join us! :hug

Hi :hiand welcome:welcome from Louisiana. I lived in England for a year about 3 years ago and boy do I miss it there. We stayed in Prickwillow outside of Ely in Cabridgeshire. I miss all your "wool" over there. So soft.

Hi Grace

I'm a UK newbie too (this week). I read that you like collecting fine christening shawl patts. I have a varied 30yr collection of all things crochet, so will be happy to copy/send on anything I have relating to that if you like. My 'weakness' is doily/edgings, particularly early 1900's. I may never get around to making most of them but I just like to :droolover them from time to time:lol

Enjoy your trip

Archived