Gift-making in 2021...TOPIC CLOSED TO COMMENTS

judianne

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Been making christening blankets, squares, etc...

Hubby offered to let me loose in the yarn store - so far I've been trying to use stash....

• Like 1

I've been collecting her doll patterns since she started with free patterns on her blog.  I was happy to pay for her patterns when she moved to Etsy as they are really reasonably priced and she has such a wide range of styles.  I've found them to be easy to make.

I find the monkey's more time consuming then what I'd call fiddly as it takes me longer to make them in thread than the patterns I have for yarn finger puppets.  They aren't difficult just time consuming because I work slower with thread.

• Like 1

Thats a really nice carrier, I bought a doll bed for my oldest grand daughter, but I am wondering if I can adapt this to fir the 15 inch floppy doll I bought Amelia who will be 18 months at Christmas.  I did crochet her a blanket to go with her baby...this might be the thing, just go up a hook size.

As written this thing is pretty large.  For 16" baby I usually do the first 10 rows in I and switch to the K suggested hook for the rest.  I'd suggest experimenting to see what you like but I pulled it out the first time I made it because just for fun I tried the 18" dolls in it for measurement and it was still big.

• Like 1

Hi peeps!

I tried taking pics of my last two projects...not happy with the pics...working with stash again, using different brands of white, a leftover skien of light blue, and grays...making squares for a NICU blanket.

On 8/16/2021 at 9:05 AM, Bailey4 said:

Can't wait to see the blankets.  I've been trying to work the stash and buy only when I can't make it from stash.  I really need to get the stash downsized a bit.

Finished another 18" outfit.  Need to get some baby doll outfits done.  Next on the doll agenda.

My Life Garden Dress

that's so sweet!

On 8/18/2021 at 11:54 AM, Bailey4 said:

The first doll carrier is done and the second one started.  I need 3 with this pattern that used 3 pieces of worsted weight yarn crocheted together.  I have a different pattern for the smaller dolls that I'm going to see if I can get to if there is time.

Lots to Love 14" Doll Baby Carrier

I can't imagine what size hook you used for 3 strands of yarn! That is such a cute pattern.

On 8/19/2021 at 12:40 PM, Bailey4 said:

I'm always looking for fun, simple accessories to add to the doll donation.  I found a pattern for a lovey that went with an ami.  I decided it would be perfect for the baby dolls.

Lots to Love 14" Baby Doll Bear Lovey

That is a smile maker!

You all are doing such nice things...

Judianne, would you like some yarn for your donation blankets? I was gifted a BUNCH of yarn and would be more then willing to share. If you would like some just message me your address

• Like 1

On 5/23/2021 at 3:03 PM, Apak said:

Do you remember lucky clovers I started crocheting in April?

Well, I had them done in quite short time... Then few days ago I suddenly realised that the exam would be next week AND my clovers still need starching AND ironing AND attaching the pins AND adding the ladybugs....

After a few moments of panic and quite close to hysteria - well, I managed to complete them right in time.  Tomorrow I'm taking them to school so my class will get them before their first exam on Tuesday.🍀

20210523_204210.jpg

20210523_204130.jpg

These clovers are awesome. My granddaughters birthday is March 17th. I would love to make these. Can you share the pattern or tell me where to get it please? Where did you find the lady bugs? 

On 8/24/2021 at 11:26 AM, Apak said:

Need a helping hand? Pins? Needles? Hooks? Scissors? 

Here she comes 🙂

I made her for my crafty friend.

More pictures here

https://forum.crochetville.com/topic/165596-crafter-granny/

2021-08-24_17.06.16.jpg

2021-08-24_17.10.04.jpg

2021-08-24_17.14.39.jpg

Beautiful work!! It's going to be used all the time, I'm sure!

And BAILEY, your work is so cute. My favorite is the baby doll outfit ❤

• judianne changed the title to Gift-making in 2021...TOPIC CLOSED TO COMMENTS