Gift-making in 2021...TOPIC CLOSED TO COMMENTS

judianne

Bailey, They're all so adorable!! I can't believe how you manage to adapt the bigger patterns so beautifully!

I'm waiting to start a christmas tree graph blanket to give our son. Pattern is coming in the mail ...it'll be his first Christmas gift for his new house.

Lot to Love 14" Doll Sweater, Hat, and Footie Pants

This has to be one of my favorite fails of the year.  The sweater is from Darski's Sweetly pattern for the 10" baby dolls.  However, when I made it the fit was perfect for the 14" doll.  I added pants and the hat from another 14" pattern I'd made previously making sure to use different colors so the child gets to mix and match outfits.

19 minutes ago, minwifeof4boys said:

I wish the candie corn pattern were still available, I have those little dolls all lined up waiting for clothes, you are the best Bailey!

I sent the designer an email to find out if she has it listed for sale anywhere and offered to post it with the blog on the dress.  If I here back I'll let you know.

On 10/5/2021 at 2:27 PM, Bailey4 said:

Darski's patterns have been a huge help with the small baby dolls this year!

Lots to Love 10" Sweetly Sweater and Pants

so cute!!

On 10/6/2021 at 10:34 AM, Bailey4 said:

Another Darski pattern this time adapted for the 15" Rag Doll

15" Rag Doll Sweetly Sweater and Pants

I love rag dolls...they make me smile!

1 hour ago, Bailey4 said:

Adorable...

Annie's doesn't sell the 8" dolls.  They do have the 5" dolls.

Mary Maxim also has the 5" dolls.

I know Tampa Doll has bought alternative 5" dolls from another source and been happy with them as well.

If you do buy from the above my suggestion is to wait for a shipping coupon and buy a bunch of them at once.

The 8" are a bit more challenging to find. 

CRS Crafts carries them

Another option is to look at stores that sell to schools specifically preschools

I've picked the 8" and the 10" at Kaplan when I couldn't get the 10" from Walmart anymore and CRS was out of the 8" with supply issues at the beginning of COVID. 

There are far more holiday and other patterns out there for the 5" dolls I just find the slightly larger 8" dolls easier to work with as the 5 inch dolls are pretty compact.

Edited by Bailey4

I’ve not picked up a hook in months and now I have some time Off work, I’ve decided to use up all my scrap yarn balls and create a rectangle granny blanket, to gift to a Co worker who has been through a lot but also helped me overcome some rubbish at work 

• Like 2

I've always been grateful for Darski's free patterns but this year as I've dug into more of them her sets have just blown me away.  I made another outfit from the Sweetly pattern and it just strikes me how many outfits you can make with just one of her free sets.  Her generosity is amazing.

Lots to Love 10" Sweetly Dress

• Like 1

• judianne changed the title to Gift-making in 2021...TOPIC CLOSED TO COMMENTS