Current Crochet Projects or WIPs

6A9E513F-050C-43E1-8775-41CEBE96FBDA.thumb.jpeg.1f93ca59865f6b9dda222009b047d18c.jpegPutting washcloths and slipper socks aside.  Want to make some sweaters for grandsons and deer scarves for sons.  Might start on critter ghan after that or make pillow size project

what projects are in the plans or have you started?

Edited by NCcountrygal
Add question

Ooooo they all look so very nice.

I just finished gift #3 for my grt-GK's gift package. Everything is being made from my yarn stash- especially all those partial skeins. Next project to go into the box is a drawstring bag for the 10 year old. She's into clothes, cellphone, tablet and being a Fashionista already.

16 hours ago, ReniC said:

Ooooo they all look so very nice. Everything is being made from my yarn stash- especially all those partial skeins. Next project to go into the box is a drawstring bag for the 10 year old. She's into clothes, cellphone, tablet and being a Fashionista already.

My goal is to use as much stash as possible.  I’m already straying as I want to make grandson a scarecrow doll for autumn fun and play not just candy.  I made a scarecrow years ago that sat in the rocking chair. About 20”+ inches tall.  I looked for the pattern in my stash- nowhere to be found.   Mary Maxim has a 14 inch kit. Sigh.  I did find the pattern in web archives but would have to work it from the phone. Blech The youngest 19 months loves playing with my crochet pumpkins.

Are you going to make her a cellphone case or tablet tote that would be fun projects to personalize ?  Drawstring tote is a handy accessory for her.

Edited by NCcountrygal
Added question,spelling

18 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

My goal is to use as much stash as possible.  I’m already straying as I want to make grandson a scarecrow doll for autumn fun and play not just candy.  I made a scarecrow years ago that sat in the rocking chair. About 20”+ inches tall.  I looked for the pattern in my stash- nowhere to be found.   Mary Maxim has a 14 inch kit. Sigh.  I did find the pattern in web archives but would have to work it from the phone. Blech The youngest 19 months loves playing with my crochet pumpkins.

Are you going to make her a cellphone case or tablet tote that would be fun projects to personalize ?  Drawstring tote is a handy accessory for her.

That scarecrow sounds great! I'd be happy to print the pattern and mail it to you if you'd like. Let me know.

I'm thinking about making this bag for my GGD. Probably in her fave colors, purple. That's if I have enough stash of course. If not, I'll improvise on the colors.

1 hour ago, ReniC said:

That scarecrow sounds great! I'd be happy to print the pattern and mail it to you if you'd like. Let me know.

I'm thinking about making this bag for my GGD. Probably in her fave colors, purple. That's if I have enough stash of course. If not, I'll improvise on the colors.

Wow, I like that purse.  Bet she loves that!

I thought some more about who really wants the scarecrow, me.  I gave that first one I made away.  I’m half done with deer scarf and started on a pumpkin hand puppet for the four year old.

Thank you for offering to print.  I’m pretty sure that pattern is still here I remember it being in a binder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bailey4 said:

I have a couple too if your looking.

Have you seen the free one from Yellow house on Ravelry here.  It's been on my some day list for a while.

That’s the one I made, also at the web archive.  I put the pdf in my “Book” phone app, just in case.  Thank you.  Currently making pumpkin puppet pattern you shared.  I don’t mind short patterns on the phone, plus I can enlarge for ease on my eyes.

• Like 1

If you are interested in any of the other patterns from the site my understanding is that all the patterns were uploaded to Ravelry when the site was retired.  There were some great patterns there.

Edited by Bailey4

2 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Wow, I like that purse.  Bet she loves that!

I thought some more about who really wants the scarecrow, me.  I gave that first one I made away.  I’m half done with deer scarf and started on a pumpkin hand puppet for the four year old.

Thank you for offering to print.  I’m pretty sure that pattern is still here I remember it being in a binder.

I'll probably dig out the yarn today and start that bag this evening, hopefully anyway. Just give me a holler if you need the printout.

Shame on me. I've spent the whole day mostly on this silly laptop. Oh well, it keeps me entertained. Off to walk in the back yard then rummage around in my yarn bins. Hoping your day is wonderful. Ta-ta!

• Thanks 1

If you are into animal c2c graphs here is a place to get some for free.  http://www.myhobbyiscrochet.com/p/thumbnail-photo-gallery.html

Not only does she give you the graphs, colors she used, she also tells you the row by row written directions.  I have made several of these and they are fast and easy.

I am working on this  https://www.etsy.com/listing/849332903/christmas-amigurumi-dolls-pattern?ref=shop_home_active_2&crt=1

I am doing it in thread.

4 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

If you are interested in any of the other patterns from the site my understanding is that all the patterns were uploaded to Ravelry when the site was retired.  There were some great patterns there.

I remember perusing the site years ago. I can’t remember offhand if I made other items from there.

2 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

If you are into animal c2c graphs here is a place to get some for free.  http://www.myhobbyiscrochet.com/p/thumbnail-photo-gallery.html

Not only does she give you the graphs, colors she used, she also tells you the row by row written directions.  I have made several of these and they are fast and easy.

I am working on this  https://www.etsy.com/listing/849332903/christmas-amigurumi-dolls-pattern?ref=shop_home_active_2&crt=1

I am doing it in thread.

I’m drooling at all the patterns.  I think I’ve made some of them. 😀 I have a wildlife pdf in my “Books”app just not enough time to get to it all.   I’ll have to peruse some more.

Thats Adorable 😍 can’t wait to see your finished creations 

Edited by NCcountrygal
Add comment

15 minutes ago, NCcountrygal said:

I remember perusing the site years ago. I can’t remember offhand if I made other items from there.

I was glad to see the patterns were saved to Ravelry.  Sadly some of my favorite designers have disappeared over the years and I miss them.  I've recovered some of the patterns but others are gone.  Everyone has the right to let them go but some were just so amazing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bailey4 said:

I was glad to see the patterns were saved to Ravelry.  Sadly some of my favorite designers have disappeared over the years and I miss them.  I've recovered some of the patterns but others are gone.  Everyone has the right to let them go but some were just so amazing.

Agree.  Great loss when they disappear.  

Needed more medium thyme yarn as well as toasted almond. HL is out of stock so my second deer will either be a different color but considering finishing scarf and adding the smaller deer head appliqué.

Started another project inspired by Sidonia afghan in Herrschners catalog, calling mine: my autumn patchwork afghan.  

“Crochet Bernat Bear hat”pattern.  Just need the sewing part.  My autumn patchwork Afghan is about 30% done thinking this may go to a nephew.  Going to work on deer scarf today.  Got a lot of organizing done yesterday. Still want to go through more patterns and match up yarn. 

877D3790-E0BD-494D-8E92-8B5DC7368473.jpeg

• Like 1

Diana love hearing and seeing your progress.  Makes me at least think about trying to get motivated.  Guess I shouldnt be so hard on myself as I did complete these in time to give to my niece last week for her birthday and trying my hand at some doll clothes.

Edited by bgs
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, bgs said:

Diana love hearing and seeing your progress.  Makes me at least think about trying to get motivated.  Guess I shouldnt be so hard on myself as I did complete these in time to give to my niece last week for her birthday and trying my hand at some doll clothes.

She’ll love them , I saw them when u posted and mentioned the colors she would enjoy. Thoughtful 💝 

Started a Priscilla doily pattern last night, nothing fancy as I’ll use it to sit stuff on.  I think I’ll start on a pair of boot slippers for dil and then look at various patterns to see what else to work on. Still working on a nephews afghan, decided to add some appliqués to some of the squares to make it more unique, it’ll be a belated birthday gift