Current Crochet Projects or WIPs

Love the poinsetta candle and everything everyone is doing.  After changing the tree and table over, I found that my male pilgrum lost his hat.  Now I have to make him a new hat.  It is a 5" doll.

Love the sweater.  A hood would make it even better.

2 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

I went looking for a certain potholder pattern and of course it’s hiding instead I found several poinsettia type patterns (including a wreath in Crochet World). Lol 😝. While I wait on the yarn to come I’m making some checkered or gingham hotpads. Came across a cute one in a Talking Crochet newsletter I saved. Includes a poinsettia flower and holly leaf Applique.  Don’t know if it’s still available. Checkered Hot Mats by Vicki Blizzard 

have a great weekend everyone 

I remember those! They are still on Ravelry.com

8 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Love the poinsetta candle and everything everyone is doing.  After changing the tree and table over, I found that my male pilgrum lost his hat.  Now I have to make him a new hat.  It is a 5" doll.

Love the sweater.  A hood would make it even better.

Thank you. It was sorta a trial run on the poinsettia pattern but I may use it in a larger wreath table decoration.   That’ll be a breeze to make him a new 🎩 for his little head. 

1 hour ago, NCcountrygal said:

Set for a sil........

They turned out lovely. I'm sure they'll be very appreciated. I especially like that blue one. But, then again, I'm partial to blues. I made a blue flannel-plaid for my GS in 2017 and it was hard to give up. When I see the photo of it I always remind myself to make another.

2 hours ago, ReniC said:

They turned out lovely. I'm sure they'll be very appreciated. I especially like that blue one. But, then again, I'm partial to blues. I made a blue flannel-plaid for my GS in 2017 and it was hard to give up. When I see the photo of it I always remind myself to make another.

Thank you 😊 I made the backsides in solid color. I like that shade of blue have used it for bath washcloths.  It’s a Pisgah cone PnC 

I'm still working on the drawstring bag. I could have had 3 or 4 made by now if it wasn't for health issues. I must have lost some of my cro-jo too. I did crochet a bit on it last night- Yay!

4 hours ago, ReniC said:

I'm still working on the drawstring bag. I could have had 3 or 4 made by now if it wasn't for health issues. I must have lost some of my cro-jo too. I did crochet a bit on it last night- Yay!

I hope nothing too serious. Slow and steady gets you there. Good some cro-jo is surfacing   

• Like 1

I was looking for a pattern and came across one for a placemat that is a graph that has leaves on it.  Well, I could not help myself, so I hve my next project.  

Love the pot holders.

• Like 1

I finished a third candle for my Christmas holiday table decoration, skipping wreath idea and using a circular mat I made for another project instead. Started a doily for moms birthday, it’s crossing my eyes working it. 
Looking forward to seeing wips others are working on. 

No crochet on the drawstring bag last night. Too much hip pain so I had to get up frequently. Today is much better. Maybe later the hook will pop into my hand!

1 hour ago, ReniC said:

No crochet on the drawstring bag last night. Too much hip pain so I had to get up frequently. Today is much better. Maybe later the hook will pop into my hand!

Sorry about your pain. Mine flares up along with several other areas.  Wishing you a better evening and night. 
Finished mom’s doily what a chore. This was a PK star in-front of book.  I do believe it has some errors but I fudged through.  Had to walk away a dozen times looks decent and will be enjoyed. 

19 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Sorry about your pain. Mine flares up along with several other areas.  Wishing you a better evening and night. 
Finished mom’s doily what a chore. This was a PK star in-front of book.  I do believe it has some errors but I fudged through.  Had to walk away a dozen times looks decent and will be enjoyed. 

Thank you Diana for your kind thoughts. The hip seems better today. Dislocating a joint at my age is not a picnic, that's for sure! I look forward to seeing the doily for your mom. Every time I go into my yarn closet, I see my plastic storage box full of crochet thread and chastise myself for not making doilies anymore. In fact, I have a WIP from just before my husband got ill. I'll pull it out in the near future and finish it.

Hope your day goes without a hitch.

Reni

Had to turn in my sugar log since starting insulin. Pills just wouldn’t work anymore. So sugar numbers are looking better. My pains are chronic from injuries and damage sustained in a car wreck in 2001.  Limits all my activity, can’t drive because of hip and muscles. 
I’m making progress in destashing yarn but then I always need more because I run out of colors I use more frequently   I have mucho thread 10 and 5, used mainly on doll outfits, shoes or boots. I spotted a cute doily in Crochet World that has a poinsettia in the center and the outer segment has bells.

I do hope you continue to feel better and be careful moving about.   I’ll be looking forward in seeing that WIP.   I’m back on gs cardigan

I know the feeling about destashing.  I've been working really hard at it this year targeting yarn in my stash I don't normally use or has been living here way too long.  Sadly, I still have yarn I use constantly and I've also been making projects with yarn I've never used before this year so more yarn keeps coming in despite the really old stuff that has departed.

13 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

I know the feeling about destashing.  I've been working really hard at it this year targeting yarn in my stash I don't normally use or has been living here way too long.  Sadly, I still have yarn I use constantly and I've also been making projects with yarn I've never used before this year so more yarn keeps coming in despite the really old stuff that has departed.

You are amongst fellow sympathizers. 😁

I went to Webs today to get yarn for to make a small thing for MIL for Christmas and found the cotton yarn I use for my smaller ami's on clearance and so bought some of that too.  Since I was already paying for shipping and the price was right....  That is just the way of things sometimes.  I do know the colors I got are ones I'll use frequently and I'll be glad to have them on hand and and so the stash grows.

Having a stash of yarn or thread frequently used and purchased at a savings is good thing. Boy, the price has just about doubled in last 10 years. 
Im looking at the cardigan and realizing it’ll probably fit the 4 yo better. He asked me yesterday what I was making, is it for me?  Lol guess it is 

1. More poinsettia potholders

2. Pullovers with zipper front for grandsons 

3. Finish table topper decoration 

4  2 camouflage  snakes or other colors

5. crochet world doily

A reminder to myself to keep me on track😆
Have a great week!

eta updated list

Edited by NCcountrygal
Update

On 10/6/2020 at 7:21 AM, Tampa Doll said:

I was looking for a pattern and came across one for a placemat that is a graph that has leaves on it.  Well, I could not help myself, so I hve my next project.  

Love the pot holders.

Your autumn placemat with colorful leaves inspired me to make another checkered mat and I’ve added leaf appliques

• Like 1