Current Crochet Projects or WIPs

On 9/7/2020 at 8:51 PM, bgs said:

No progress on the shawl.  I got a couple more bands of color on then had to pull 3 bands out.  Its been a slow go as  originally had 10 bands of colors and had to pull them all out and start over.  Its been one of those projects where I have ripped out twice as many stitches as it takes for the project.  Ready to get back on it as I took time to get ministockings finished and packaged for Warmth for Warriors and doll clothes finished and packaged for another charity.  

Once a while we all get project like that.....LOL. When that happens to me I usually will throw that out after couple tries :). I do not have a lot of patience

Krys

I had to laugh at the patterns taking a walk.  It is like my crochet hooks and pencils.  I swear the computer gremlins do the same thing.  They like to hide my patterns.

Started the afghan for my BIL.  Moving slow, but hoping to get more done today.  Forgot how hot it can get working with yarn this time of the year.

Have a fun day.

4 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

3 rows left on this doily and started on my “Jelly Beanz Bearsz” pattern by Christal Friend 2009. Plan on making several of these. 

1C0684D1-E147-4B55-AACD-620A5E48B963.jpeg

Boy I hope that is your stuffing and not the stuffing from your couch.:rofl

I just saw a commercial with a dog who had gotten into everything, including the box of yarn.:rofl  

1 hour ago, ReniC said:

Diana: That's going to be such a cute bear!

I really like the way it’s designed.  Especially the legs, the last row has sc across and when the body starts the legs get worked/attached right in.  There’s a larger bear version as well.  Haven’t made any in quite a few years.

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

Boy I hope that is your stuffing and not the stuffing from your couch.:rofl

I just saw a commercial with a dog who had gotten into everything, including the box of yarn.:rofl  

Lol that’s stuffing For the bear, but my stinker Pittbull has felt she has the right to tear up dog pillows and any paper left lying around. Bwg 

1 hour ago, NCcountrygal said:

Lol that’s stuffing For the bear, but my stinker Pittbull has felt she has the right to tear up dog pillows and any paper left lying around. Bwg 

Talk about stuffing: My GD is staying with me for a little while and her Pitbull is the same- she's a shredder!. She takes every toy my GD buys her and pulls the stuffing and the squeaker out of every single one. Must be a Pitbull thing. She is a cutie though. I didn't think I'd like this breed because I've had small dogs the past 35+ years, and of course their reputation, but I was so wrong. She also watches me crochet. Maybe she thinks what I'm making is for her. LOL

1 hour ago, NCcountrygal said:

I really like the way it’s designed.  Especially the legs, the last row has sc across and when the body starts the legs get worked/attached right in.  There’s a larger bear version as well.  Haven’t made any in quite a few years.

Please let me know how big it is. I may have to make some for my Treasure box for the G-grand kids.

41 minutes ago, ReniC said:

Talk about stuffing: My GD is staying with me for a little while and her Pitbull is the same- she's a shredder!. She takes every toy my GD buys her and pulls the stuffing and the squeaker out of every single one. Must be a Pitbull thing. She is a cutie though. I didn't think I'd like this breed because I've had small dogs the past 35+ years, and of course their reputation, but I was so wrong. She also watches me crochet. Maybe she thinks what I'm making is for her. LOL

Our pittbull does the same all her toys are squeakerless and we stopped buying stuffed toys.  😆. I’ve had GSD most of my years and didn’t plan on anymore pets.  The last two just came along.  Australian Cattle Dog/beagle adopted dh on a trip to purchase hay and the Pittbull was tossed out around 5-6 weeks of age.  She has been a sweet, loveable and spoiled dog.  Only one allowed to sleep in our bed.  With the wrong owner I can see her having turned out aggressive/ fearful.  She has no interest in my yarn but enjoys watching. 

My Dalmatian thought everything I made was for him.  He would sit on the couch next to me and when he could, he would lay on it.

Sorry, but as far as I am concerned anyone who tosses out a dog needs to be tossed out.

I saw on the news that one of the counties here, has made the big box stores go to the shelters, before going to the kennels to stop puppy mills.  NO buying and selling pets from puppy mills.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NCcountrygal said:

Showing how on row 5 of body the legs attach. I like head and ears as well, nothing to sew on like ears.

136F2B7C-624B-41F6-9452-C06DEDD10B13.jpeg

Its looking very good.  Sounds like a good pattern as far as construction.  I do not enjoy patterns with lots of fiddly parts to attach.  Face looks good on yours too.

Arms attached on row 14 with sc. only sewing is attaching the head. I changed the neck ruffle by changing directions on last row.  Going opposite direction on row. Done

I embroidered eyes an nose before stuffing and closing. The head starts the row at the nose so getting there to see was easy. Now if the head attached itself this would be a breeze. Lol 

71AD0150-10EE-4DFB-81D5-E2A5B97B313A.jpeg

• Like 1

Trying out Reni’s suggestion on Indian corn using Fall yarn color and mixing with some yellow and orange here and there. Making another bear then I’ll start on my scarecrow    

Any progress on others projects?  New wips old wips or plans to start a new project.  

Edited by NCcountrygal
Correct name

3 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Well I thought I could fudge to the finish line. Lol. Need to go back to row 5 or 6.  Ended up with too many chain spaces. This is a Patricia K oval doily, #5.  Working on scarecrow and JB bears in between. Have a great weekend 

Really- That far back to frog? I think it's pretty. Which book of Patricia K's is that in? I have 3 of them but I don't think I have this particular one.