Current Crochet Projects or WIPs

5 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Another 5+ squares to go then connecting and doing edging.  

Oh- looking goooood! It's fun to make afghan from squares. I haven't done one in ages.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Another 5+ squares to go then connecting and doing edging.  

Oh- looking goooood! It's fun to make afghan from squares. I haven't done one in ages.

ETA: Wonder why this posted 2x ?????

Edited by ReniC
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ReniC said:

ETA: Wonder why this posted 2x ?????

Sometimes the site acts goofy. 🤪

mooglyblog.com has numbers and letters that I’m adding to the last row.  Dang I wish I still had pc connection!  I managed his age and first letter of his name.  I use to have a tutorial on that but lost over the years?!

The last square was the most tedious with the scarecrow.  He made a scarecrow for his parents garden/his garden.  The birds ate the corn and he had to replant all the rows.  He learned a lot about farming from an uncle this year.  Starting his second year at university for engineering.  I know he’ll like the Afghan. 💝

1A4D5510-33B7-4A13-BE4C-35F9BC83B7C9.jpeg

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, bgs said:

Diana I love the scarecrow and the background story behind it.

The following  could really help ease shipping costs to charities.  I hope more get signed up.  

http://givebackbox.com/worksDetail

There are three that go to Pine Ridge Reservation.

https://sewforkids.wordpress.com/

That is a cool program.  I use to send to Rosebud women’s shelter in the early years.  At the moment, finances are super tight. Unexpected vet bills, car insurance and property taxes and my med bills.  If or when things get calmer I will look closer at that program!  Packed his Afghan into a zipped bag (recycling) grin. 
How’s your colorful shawl coming along?

7 minutes ago, NCcountrygal said:

That is a cool program.  I use to send to Rosebud women’s shelter in the early years.  At the moment, finances are super tight. Unexpected vet bills, car insurance and property taxes and my med bills.  If or when things get calmer I will look closer at that program!  Packed his Afghan into a zipped bag (recycling) grin. 
How’s your colorful shawl coming along?

No progress on the shawl.  I got a couple more bands of color on then had to pull 3 bands out.  Its been a slow go as  originally had 10 bands of colors and had to pull them all out and start over.  Its been one of those projects where I have ripped out twice as many stitches as it takes for the project.  Ready to get back on it as I took time to get ministockings finished and packaged for Warmth for Warriors and doll clothes finished and packaged for another charity.  

1 hour ago, bgs said:

No progress on the shawl.  I got a couple more bands of color on then had to pull 3 bands out.  Its been a slow go as  originally had 10 bands of colors and had to pull them all out and start over.  Its been one of those projects where I have ripped out twice as many stitches as it takes for the project.  Ready to get back on it as I took time to get ministockings finished and packaged for Warmth for Warriors and doll clothes finished and packaged for another charity.  

That’s so frustrating I usually put something like that to the side so I’m refreshed when I try again. You’ve been productive on other projects. Main thing is to get some joy from the process 🙂

I finished the boot slippers and will take a break for now.

Santa is done and Mrs. Claus is almost done.  I have to put it aside, as DH has asked me to make this pattern for his Brother. 

It is a Trump 2020 Keep America Great afghan.  I got the graph from a FB group I belong to.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Santa is done and Mrs. Claus is almost done.  I have to put it aside, as DH has asked me to make this pattern for his Brother. 

It is a Trump 2020 Keep America Great afghan.  I got the graph from a FB group I belong to.

That’s great progress. I remember you said it was a thread project can’t wait to see them.  Will the Afghan be in corner to corner style?  He’s super lucky to have you, a creative talented gal!

1 hour ago, NCcountrygal said:

Goodness that is a labor of love. 🙂

sidenote has the look of the forum changed? Grayed and a lot of buttons that look empty

I havent noticed anything.  I am on mobile on phone.

On 8/24/2020 at 12:56 PM, ReniC said:

That scarecrow sounds great! I'd be happy to print the pattern and mail it to you if you'd like....

Reni  I found it!!  4 patterns in a clear sheet protector... must have run out and put them all in one.  Found my camo snake pattern and my “jelly beanz bears” pattern too. 
Busy with some requests from a sil...I was hunting for the chicken potholder book/pattern when I found my scarecrow pattern.  Alls good. 

I still find magazines, leaflets, and books and think its a treasure day because I forgot I had them.:rofl

However, with the paper patterns I have tried to contain them with binders.  They still escape and make new colonies which are only discovered when every so often I think hey I thought I had X pattern and discover a whole colony of patterns that have established themselves outside of binder country.

• Haha 1

Lol. Y’all totally understand 😁 Some years back I started putting the patterns in clear sleeves to protect and put in binders.  I’d periodically remove from binder when in use, sometimes not put back or different binder and then the hide seek became routine.  I’ve been browsing through old crochet magazines I saved because of a pattern (s) that interested me.  A treasure chest of memories as I keep perusing.  Still have to straighten out books and booklets at some point. As I’m able. Hehe

13 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Reni  I found it!!  4 patterns in a clear sheet protector... must have run out and put them all in one.  Found my camo snake pattern and my “jelly beanz bears” pattern too. 
Busy with some requests from a sil...I was hunting for the chicken potholder book/pattern when I found my scarecrow pattern.  Alls good. 

Oh super! Glad they showed up. It's always fun to find lost treasures. My GD was cleaning out some stuff for Goodwill and found $40 in a old purse of hers. Good thing she checked and it came as a needed surprise.

5 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Crochet patterns have a place they belong!?!?!? Not so much at my house. They just sneak around at night and play hide and seek. LOL

:rofl Is that what happens to them? I thought I was just being forgetful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ReniC said:

Oh super! Glad they showed up. It's always fun to find lost treasures. My GD was cleaning out some stuff for Goodwill and found $40 in a old purse of hers. Good thing she checked and it came as a needed surprise.

I’ve had that happen on a few occasions always a pleasant surprise even better when needed.  $$

• Like 1