Hello from Nova Scotia!

rose6601

Hi Everyone!

I am new here, I just came across this site this morning and I must admit that I have spent most of the day looking around:blush ! I fell in love with this site, there is so much going on around here, I don't know how to keep up (YET!!)

Well, a little about myself. (I admit, I am definetly not that interesting). I love to crochet and knit. But definetly don't have the beautiful yarns that many of you speak off for all those great projects as we have no specialty shops close by here. I have been knitting since I was 7 and started to crochet a few years later. I love to alternate between crochet and knit. I am married to a wonderful man and we have 2 super kids, George is 11 (as of Nov. 1) and Samantha is 8. (She had started to knit when she was 6, well, she likes to dabble) heehee. I work as a medical secretary and I love my job.

I certainly hope to meet alot of new people and get inspired (as I did today:yay !!) Now, I am working a Cape Breton Tarten throw, a hat, and a baby sweater for my boss who just had a baby girl last month. No doubt I will be back on later tonight once I get the domestic things out of the way:devil . Glad you accepted me as a member. Thanks!!

Roseanne

Hope you all have a great evening!!!

Welcome aboard Roseanne. You will like it here, the people are warm and friendly. My daughter is en route to New Bruinswick (she's somewhere in Ont. right now) from Alberta. That is not too far from you...in Canadian standards anyway.

Welcome Roseanne!!

Its always great to see more Canadians here - its is indeed a great site! :yay

Here's a tip that I've found handy - click on the "new posts" link at the top of the page, it will only list the messages that have been posted since you've visited last ... usually about 200 per day ... with the most recent post at the top. I'm seriously considering getting a part-time sitter so I can keep up with the posts!

There are lots of great people here - so make sure you make a pot of tea/coffee or whatever before you sit down!

Fran in Ottawa

Hi:waving and welcome :welcome from way down here on the West Coast of Florida.:sun

Always glad to welcome new members. This is one happy group :yay with lots of ideas and willingness to help.

I also knit :knit from time to time, but since I learned to crochet not to long ago, I have been (pardon the pun) hooked.

Sit back with you drink, relax and enjoy.:hook

Hi Roseanne and :welcome to Crochetville from Buenos Aires, Argentina!!! You´ll like it here! :cheer I love your country Scotland! I visited it with a group of friend and we were in Inverness! Friendly regards to Nessie! If you want, visit my blog and see what I did for a babygirl, maybe it can help you!

All I can say is wow!!:fame Thanks for the welcome. I am glad to be accepted here and I love everyone;s work too. It's fabulous and sooooooo inspiring too. Thanks again for the welcome.

Roseanne

Have a great day!!

:blushP.S. Sorry Vik, I am from Canada not Scotland but I sure wish to visit there someday.

Hi Rosanne! Welcome! I'm from New Glasgow, Nova Scotia...not all that far from you (compared to others on this board lol). Glad to see others nearby on here. :cheer

Oh hey Manda!!

Glad to see someone "close" to home. I have a sister living in New Glasgow, she is an OR nurse at the Aberdeen. Hey small world isn't it. Thanks for the welcome!!

Roseanne

Hello Roseanne :hi from Albuquerque, New Mexico! This is a wonderful site and the people here are so diverse, interesting and talented. :yay Nice to meet you! :dog (I have 4 dogs. Trying to get the hang of cleaning, carding and spinning the fur...when I have time. LOL))

Archived