"TARGET" & Pandy:)

USpolishgirl

Hello Everyone:)
Here are some pictures of Pandy and the other pet blanket I made. I have two opinions about that blanket:

A) I hate that yarn!. If I only knew that "Stripes Yarn" comes in pieces sewn together (each color a different piece of yarn), I would never bought that. I do not like the way that "stripy" blanket looks. Simply put, I am not very proud of that LOL. And I do not like when I do not have enough of the same color to finish that last round of that color. I think it looks bad.
B) Here is the "good news" & new discovery:). I would never knew how much cats & dog like colorful round stripes if I never bought that yarn.
Those animals at my daughter house (2 cats and 1 dog) are crazy about that blanket. Each of them want to lay down on it!. My daughter is telling me that blanket is like a magnet to those animals. She calls that a "Target" blankie. That variegated blue blanket  I posted few days ago took a "back seat" LOL. Now all of them just want that stripy round one!:). That ball of that yarn got 2 repeats of those four colors. I made that round blankie using one repeat and I added that one white last stripe out of the yarn I had at home. It was the same yarn "Bernat Baby Blanket". Since those animals are so crazy about that "Target" I asked my daughter if she would like to get another one like that?. And since I have half of that left with all those colors in it. and I do have more of that white. She want that.
Right now I am almost done with that second "Target" :).

Here is a  link to that yarn. IF you like sewn pieces together (each color) you might like that:

Happy crocheting:)
Krys

Bernat Blanket Yarn Stripes Cat blanket 9.jpeg

Bernat Blanket Yarn Stripes Cat blanket 8.jpeg

Bernat Blanket Yarn Stripes Cat blanket 7.jpeg

Well it is pretty and looks comfy.  I did not like working with the yarn to make those ruffled scarves because several skeins had many bulky knotts where they pieced it together to make a skein.  I had to cut the knotts out and sew it back together myself.  It was a pain.

Great job Krys! Looks like Pandy is in kitty heaven.

Matching stripe colors on any brand "striped" yarn is unpredictable in my opinion. I wonder if the patterns recommended for these yarns on their websites have the same results for matching up stripes. I was going through the same problem making a bed runner with Bernat Pop yarn so, I gave it up.

Thank You Ladies:)

When I was buying that yarn I did expected that probably those colors might  be changing from one to another "obrobtly" (no "transition"). I was not sure about that either. I do not like that kind of changes in colors. Since that was for a pet blanket I was willing to except that to avoid buying different colors of that yarn and ending up with a lot of knots & weaving all those ends in that small blanket. That is a very thick yarn, to weave a lot of ends that is not a good idea according to me. Because that creates "bulk" in those places.

What I did NOT knew it was how those stripes were made! :(. I never thought that yarn company can take a "scraps" and sew together and just call that "Stripes Yarn"! :eek. That is not just a "Stripe Yarn", that should be called a "Scrap Yarn"!!. IF I would known that, I would never bought that yarn!

I should have read all those Reviews by other people, but I did not.  I did not bother to read those reviews because I do love that Bernat Blanket Yarn. Since was the same yarn just in different colors (stripes) I thought it would be OK. That company should at list write something about that on that label, like a "Warning!" or something like that. Do you have any idea how ugly that stitch looks in that part where that yarn is sewn together?:(. I did use some "tricks" on that to try to hide that. Not really hide that but so most of that would shown only on left side. That helped a little but not much, because those "seams" are pretty long at least 2" or even more.

Krys

15 hours ago, richsgirl said:

Wow I really really like that. I would use one of those in front of my kitchen sink. The yarn sounds bad but the finished product is gorgeous!

Sorry, I probably did not explained good enough above. That yarn is great, I love that yarn. That is the same yarn as Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn. It is those Stripes the way that company "created" them.. There is a problem!. Above I was trying to say: I hate that "Stripes Yarn".

That yarn would be great for a rug. Specially if two strands of that yarn would be used. That would make that rug extra thick:)

Krys..

Krys I would be aggravated too.  You bought the yarn thinking it was basically one piece dyed the different colors and not each color a separate piece leaving you to deal with all those joins.  I got pretty aggravated with the ruffle yarn.  I worked up at least 100 skeins and maybe two had no joins in it.  Most had at least two and I kid you not one had 10.  Those skeins were so small there should not have been a join in any of them.

I get the impression that the company did NOT just "tie" the ends together, but rather--they sewed them together....at least that's the way I think it is!  Either way, I don't plan to buy any!  thanks for warning us, Krys!!

I appreciate any yarn reviews to help determine whether to buy or not. Your opinion was very enlightening Krys. Thank you. And I still think it is a pretty "Target".

Archived