Closed--2018 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Pretty blankets, darski!

Your needles have been flying, Debbie! Nice hats!

I have crocheted until my eyes have crossed today! LOL I got the first princess dress blanket finished and down to the sleeves on the second one. Used up 2 skeins....+4 = +6.

• Like 1

Hello everyone! I'm not going to get anything else done today. Fixed the oven, decorated the tree & fireplace.  Still have to decorate outside. Used 2 skeins, rolled 1 ball & bought 2 skeins. 

WTD +1

Have a great week everyone!

• Like 1

Talking Crochet Update news letter (e-mail) put out by the people of Crochet! and Crochet World magazines. This issue has an article about a university student, Abby David, in the U.K. who covered some car tires with crocheted flowers for a  school project. I can't really explain what she's doing, but she wants lots of crochet flowers to cover the in side of a car. I wish I could add a link so you can read it. I copied her name and address, am I allowed to post it here so we can send flowers? If I can, should I put it here or in the charity section?

• Like 1

Hi all!! This week I made an owl baby blanket and a matching stuffie for my next baby cousin and used up a total of 11 balls (+11).i also started a 9 pat h baby blanket and used 2 balls on that so far (+2) and a new tester blanket of an Irish Trinity Knot and have used up a ball and a skein on that (+3).

WTD: +16

YTD: +209

• Like 1

Ellie, I don't know of any reason you shouldn't post the info here and/or on the charity thread.

I used another skein of green.  +2. I finished the second princess dress blanket and could roll several skeins into balls, but I'm too pooped.

WTD +8

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ellie 13 said:

Talking Crochet Update news letter (e-mail) put out by the people of Crochet! and Crochet World magazines. This issue has an article about a university student, Abby David, in the U.K. who covered some car tires with crocheted flowers for a  school project. I can't really explain what she's doing, but she wants lots of crochet flowers to cover the in side of a car. I wish I could add a link so you can read it. I copied her name and address, am I allowed to post it here so we can send flowers? If I can, should I put it here or in the charity section?

Here's the name and address if you want to  send crochet flowers. Will be a good way to use scraps.

Abbie David
3 Geoffrey Avenue,
Widley,
Portsmouth,
Hampshire,
PO7 5BG,
UNITED KINGDOM

Edited by Ellie 13
  • Like 1

Scores for the week ending 12/01/2018:

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317  +16

🥈 Silver Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma  +8

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner: PBLKNP  +2

Making progress: TexasPurl  +1

Holding steady: Ellie 13   0

🚀Shoot the Moon Winner: darski -6

Have a great week everyone!

6 hours ago, Ellie 13 said:

Here's the name and address if you want to  send crochet flowers. Will be a good way to use scraps.

Abbie David
3 Geoffrey Avenue,
Widley,
Portsmouth,
Hampshire,
PO7 5BG,
UNITED KINGDOM

For more info:

https://www.crochet-world.com/newsletters.php?mode=issue&issue_id=1494&department_id=5

On 12/2/2018 at 3:06 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

Thanks for getting the link posted, I didn't know how to do it.

This week I made 2 hats, 3 snowmen, 2 penguins and repaired an afghan for a friend (her :cat:cat deny the damage). I used a skein, 2 balls and rolled a skein down (+ 5) :cheer, best score I've had in a while. I'm going to take my scraps and make some flowers for Abbie.

WTD:  + 5    YTD:  + 136

Ellie 13

Hello everyone! I hope your holiday season is joyous thus far! 

I managed to get 2 crocheted hats & 3 knitted hats made this week. That's a record for me. 9 done, 5 to go. I used 1 skein, rolled 2 balls & used 2 balls.

WTD +6 

Have a great week!

Edited by TexasPurl
  • Like 1

I made 10 flowers and sent them to Abbie today. I also made 3 Christmas stockings, 1 snowman and worked out a 6 inch star hexagon pattern. I used up 5 small balls, a skein and about 1/3 of a pounder (not enough to roll yet). I have to make another penguin and more wreath pins. I bought a skein and got 2 small skeins from the church knitting group. So, 5 + 2 - 6 = 1 add the 5 I posted yesterday = + 6  :cheer.

WTD:  + 6   YTD:  + 137

Ellie 13

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I'm wrapping up a bunch of projects before the end of the year! I finished the 9 Patch baby blanket and used 4 balls (+4). I wasn't happy with the original owl stuffie so I made a second one and used a ball on that (+1). Also 3 Timothy the T-Rex stuffies and used 2 balls each (+6). And a hedgehog stuffy used up one ball (+1). I'm still working on the Trinity Knot pattern though...45 out of 250 done. That one is going to come into the new year with me I think. 

WTD: +12

YTD: +221

Edited by Inkked0317
  • Like 1