Closed--2018 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Texaspurl, I love the roses.

I went to Michaels and got 3 skeins (- 6). They were on sale and I had a coupon off all, even sale items, how could I resist. I used a ball black on 2 stuffed spiders, and a small skein gray on my elephant , almost didn't have enough, a few yards left :whew (+ 3) :cheer . Now I just have attach the tail and stuff/sew on the legs. I have to get back to my Jewish star hexagons and try to write it all down (I wrote down the elephant).

WTD:  + 3    YTD:  + 137

Ellie 13

• Like 2

Well, I was wild and crazy and went to the New England Fiber Festival today!  We had a great time.  I got a skein of sock yarn.  Actually, I had a question...does roving count as a “skein”?  I got a beginner’s drop spindle kit with a drop spindle and 3 oz of fiber.  If it doesn’t count, then my totals are:

WTD = -2 and YTD = -64

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ellie 13 said:

Texaspurl, I love the roses.

I went to Michaels and got 3 skeins (- 6). They were on sale and I had a coupon off all, even sale items, how could I resist. I used a ball black on 2 stuffed spiders, and a small skein gray on my elephant , almost didn't have enough, a few yards left :whew (+ 3) :cheer . Now I just have attach the tail and stuff/sew on the legs. I have to get back to my Jewish star hexagons and try to write it all down (I wrote down the elephant).

WTD:  + 3    YTD:  + 137

Ellie 13

my little pea brain is not able to make out your math.  _6 and +3 +? to get a plus 3.  I'm thinking that I just didn't understand what you were saying :think

5 hours ago, PBLKNP said:

Well, I was wild and crazy and went to the New England Fiber Festival today!  We had a great time.  I got a skein of sock yarn.  Actually, I had a question...does roving count as a “skein”?  I got a beginner’s drop spindle kit with a drop spindle and 3 oz of fiber.  If it doesn’t count, then my totals are:

WTD = -2 and YTD = -64

I don't think the fiber would count until you turn it into a skein. Sounds like a fun project.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, darski said:

my little pea brain is not able to make out your math.  _6 and +3 +? to get a plus 3.  I'm thinking that I just didn't understand what you were saying :think

You are correct, darski, unless there was something else going on earlier in the week.

I finally used up the second skein in the yule tree afghan....+2, so......

WTD -20   (Guess who's probably headed to the moon?!)

• Haha 1

Scores for the week ending 11/3/18:

Gold Medal Winner--tie at +4: darski and TexasPurl

Silver Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +3

PNLKNP -2

greyhoundgrandma -20

Shoot the Moon Winner: Inkked0317 -47

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Like 1

I'm so sorry for posting so late! Had my oldest's and my Hubs bday parties and family in from out of state for the weekend....everybody just left and i realized I forgot to post last night!

I did use up a ball of yarn on the giraffe pattern I'm testing.  But then i realized all the new arrivals coming in the next few months and had to pick patterns and get yarn for them...and Michael's had a sale....and then suddenly i had 24 new skeins at home....

WTD : -47

YTD : +152

So i believe i earned the Shoot the Moon award this week lol

Jessie, I updated the list and relinquished the shoot the moon honor to you. Lol  Sounds like you had a very busy, but fun weekend.

Holly, I understand the getting in gear. You can do it!

I'm finally making slow but steady progress on my DIL's Christmas blanket. It took a while to get familiar with the cable pattern.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Debbie, cute dress! The kn..... thing is our secret. LOL

My Michael's order came in...8 big cakes for 4 marled crochet baskets...-16 = -14 so far this week.

FOTO Friday:

A thermal stitch potholder and the first of five sections on the yule tree throw.

1528801394_thermalpotholder.thumb.jpg.423c37abfd675bf750306b7dab20fae7.jpg1228113048_yuletreethrow.thumb.jpg.1da42fa89ba70354fce1fdec095b4d94.jpg

• Like 2

that is one gorgeous throw.  Colour choice is just perfect.  I find it can be difficult to get a nice green... depends on the season and the fashions.

My Foto Friday bit:

bon001.thumb.jpg.8f1785fd3d26d8a6c6dd9c1a6ccc6843.jpg

I need to add some more items before I donate this but she is cute. I like the contrast between the bright and pale pastel vari .

• Like 1

Thanks! I wasn't sure about it to start with but enough is finally done to see what it's going to look like. I have another set of green yarn to find a use for because after I got it, I decided it just wasn't quite right. This is a little darker than the pattern yarn, but I'm pleased with how it looks.

Another cute set, darski! How many times have I said that now?! LOL Your work is always great.

I used finished another skein of green...+2 = -12.

You guys are right I should have said - 3 last week :oops. I don't deserve the silver, I deserve 30 lashes with a wet noodle (Ann Landers quote). SORRY!!

I'll take another 3 off my score this week. I went to Michaels to get the stuffing they were out of last week. I got stuffing and 2 skeins (- 4). I used 3 small balls (+ 3) and the - 3 because of my math error, so I'm at (- 4). I hope I did it right this time.

WTD:  - 4   YTD: + 127

Ellie 13 P.S. I hope I got the YTD right. 

Avon Lady, I wrote out the pattern for the small Jewish star hexagon and I'll work on a larger one soon. I have to get 2 stuffed turkeys and as many turkey pins as I can before Thanks Giving. Do they still allow personal messages? If so send me an address or e-mail and I'll get the pattern to you. 

Ellie 13 

I’ve been spending this entire week sewing the squares together and weaving in ends.  I’m just about done weaving in ends, so hopefully I’ll use up a few more skeins when I start the 6” border.  In the meantime, my totals are:

WTD = +0 and YTD = -64

4191E117-AF80-466B-9AF5-79038FB2A95D.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi everyone!!! I spent the week working a ton on this graph design I'm testing. I'm sooooo close to finishing but I'm not there yet lol. I used up 4 skeins and 10 balls this week! I'll have a picture late tomorrow once it's done. 

Wtd :+19

Ytd :+171

I will be posting the group scores tomorrow afternoon around 3ish I believe.