Closed--2018 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I received a $100 gift certificate to Herrschners for Christmas.  It turns out that with the end-of-the-year sales, it bought me 34 skeins of yarn!  :clap  So, I'm getting off to a rough start this year:  WTD:  -68  YTD:  -68

• Like 1

Hi everyone and Happy New Year!!! Is it strange that it made me happy to see we're already on the second page of posts on this thread?? :lol

Even though I'm in NC, we have been snow bound this week! I'm going to attempt to get us to church tomorrow morning, but this will be my first time out of the house since Wednesday morning. We got about 6 inches of ice and then snow, which NEVER happens here. Snow plows pretty much don't exist in this state, so we actually have to wait for it to get warm enough for everything to melt on its own. By then end of this week the temps are supposed to be in the high 50's/low 60's so we really just need to get through one or two more nights of this cold...

On the upside, I've been playing with a bunch of yarn this week. I made a bunch of different hot pads at Hub's request and gave the older ones to my littles to play with their new toy kitchen, so everyone's happy with these. I used up 9 skeins of cotton yarn with this (+18). I also got started on a Bavarian stitch rainbow baby blanket for a dear friend at church and used 4 balls on that so far (+4). And I finally got a start on the baby Hogwarts blanket I'm making for my new niece expected in April and have used 2 balls and a skein (+4). I've set myself a goal of 10 rows on that graph per day, and that way I'll have it done by the end of January and well in time for the baby shower in late February.

WTD: +26

YTD: +26

13 hours ago, Inkked0317 said:

Hi everyone and Happy New Year!!! Is it strange that it made me happy to see we're already on the second page of posts on this thread?? :lol

Even though I'm in NC, we have been snow bound this week! I'm going to attempt to get us to church tomorrow morning, but this will be my first time out of the house since Wednesday morning. We got about 6 inches of ice and then snow, which NEVER happens here. Snow plows pretty much don't exist in this state, so we actually have to wait for it to get warm enough for everything to melt on its own. By then end of this week the temps are supposed to be in the high 50's/low 60's so we really just need to get through one or two more nights of this cold...

On the upside, I've been playing with a bunch of yarn this week. I made a bunch of different hot pads at Hub's request and gave the older ones to my littles to play with their new toy kitchen, so everyone's happy with these. I used up 9 skeins of cotton yarn with this (+18). I also got started on a Bavarian stitch rainbow baby blanket for a dear friend at church and used 4 balls on that so far (+4). And I finally got a start on the baby Hogwarts blanket I'm making for my new niece expected in April and have used 2 balls and a skein (+4). I've set myself a goal of 10 rows on that graph per day, and that way I'll have it done by the end of January and well in time for the baby shower in late February.

WTD: +26

YTD: +26

same thing here in the tidewater area of Va.especially developments,just wait for mother nature to thaw the roads,we can go many years and not even see one snow flurry

Okay....I'm really getting aggravated with the new setup of this forum.  It used to be, I could go to the thread I was reading, click on unread, and it would take me straight to the page which had the first post I hadn't read.  You didn't have to go to another setup page, and save a bunch of changes.  Don't like it!

11 minutes ago, HollyzHobbyz said:

Okay....I'm really getting aggravated with the new setup of this forum.  It used to be, I could go to the thread I was reading, click on unread, and it would take me straight to the page which had the first post I hadn't read.  You didn't have to go to another setup page, and save a bunch of changes.  Don't like it!

Under the "activity" tab, there is a link for "unread content". After you click on that, when you want to read a thread, click on the dot or star beside the title of the thread and it will take you to the first unread post. Hope that helps.

Scores for the week ending 1/6/18:

Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +26

Silver Medal Winner: MalisaMeesa +17

Bronze Medal Winner: LegalWoman7 +10

KaylaKitsa +6

MadreBug +3

howieann 0

PBLKNP 0

pineknott 0

greyhoundgrandma 0

Shoot the Moon Winner: HollyzHobbyz -68

I made a hat yesterday and started on a matching scarf. Used up one skein and I'm close to being through the next one...+2

I finished the second skein this morning...+2 = +4

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

I’m still at goose eggs this week.  I haven’t used up a skein yet!  

WTD:  0

YTD:  0

I’m on vacation this week, so I’m hoping to get more time to get more done! 

:manyheart

Happy Saturday!!

This week I finished the Bavarian stitch rainbow baby blanket, using 5 balls (+5). I also made a ponytail hat, using one ball (+1) for an order, started a Timothy T Rex for one of the boys at church, using one ball (+1), and continued working on my baby Hogwarts blanket, using 2 more balls (+2).

WTD: +9

YTD: +35

This upcoming week, I'll be focusing on stuffies for the kids at church during the days and working on the baby Hogwarts at night.

Good Morning to everyone!  It was so nice to see everyone's projects that they've been working on this past week.  I've been working on a baby blanket, but haven't finished or rolled any skeins just yet.  Here are the scores for the week ending January 13:

Gold Medal Winner:  Inkked0317:  +9

Silver Medal Winner:  Debbie Caldwell:  +8

Bronze Medal Winner:  MalisaMeesa:  +6

greyhoundgrandma:  +5

LegalWoman17:  +4

pineknott:  +2

MadreBug:  +1

howieann:  +1

PBLKNP:  0

And, even though my weekly score is also a "0", I will award myself the "Shoot the Moon" prize for this week since my YTD is still at -68.

Ok, I think I need a 12 step program! I started looking at my craft room today to see about organizing the yarn that is everywhere, in bags from previous projects, a complete jumble of brands/colors. I found a bag of 10 skeins of RH red holiday yarn, that I have no recollection of ordering and no idea what I was going to make.