Hi All!

BlackWidow

Hi! My sign in name is BlackWidow, but I usually just go by BW. Don't let the name scare you. It's just my game name for a game that I play with my husband. I live in Texas and I've been crocheting since I was 9 when my great-aunt in Denver, Colorado taught me. Lately, I've had more time to crochet since I've been helping keep my mother-in-law company while she is going through the joys of chemo. The prognosis is bleak, but the projects (crochet for me :hook, knitting for her) keeps our spirits up and our minds from dwelling on what is to come. It's been hard on my kids and husband to have me half way across the country so much, but they love the goodies that I make for them while I am gone. (Many of them found right here at Crochetville.) Finding ya'll has been a godsend. Thank you all for your enthusiasm and generosity. :flowerI am glad to be a part of this wonderful community.

BW

Hi and welcome from Australia! Keep your chin up BW hard times are for a reason you will find the strength you need and so will your mother in law. Just keep crocheting and knitting as long as you can its my therapy too.

welcome, this board will definately keep your mind busy. lots to review and respond to. good luck to you mother in law. what a wonderful way to spend time with her. I never got to meet my mother in law as she passed before I met my husband. i heard so many good things about her, i feel like i am missing out not having her in my life. i sometimes feel like i am the only person who wanted a mother in law!!!!

Hi BW! Welcome to Crochetville. You and your MIL must get much comfort from your respective needle arts. I find it comforting, too! Good thoughts and positive energy going out from Massachusetts for your MIL, and also for you.

Twinnish

Archived