Boxing Day 2017 (any charity work!)

babypoohsmom

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mona, I agree. That is a GREAT pattern. You knew Darski....that I would stop everything and do that one next!

Too bad I didn't check up here until bedtime, so now I have to dream about it and try it tomorrow!!

If I can pull them off, they would be fantastic fund raisers for the rescue.

Mona, I agree. That is a GREAT pattern. You knew Darski....that I would stop everything and do that one next!

Too bad I didn't check up here until bedtime, so now I have to dream about it and try it tomorrow!!

If I can pull them off, they would be fantastic fund raisers for the rescue.

It really is adorable.

I need to check my stash for the best yarn to use. :think

I just printed the pattern and found that it is a brim up...I have never done a hat like that before. Should be interesting!

Oh no: I just read it and I don't know how to foundation double crochet. Gah.

I just printed the pattern and found that it is a brim up...I have never do me a hat like that before. Should be interesting!

Oh no: I just read it and I don't know how to foundation double crochet. Gah.

FDC is one of THEE baseline things to know to make your crochet time more enjoyable.

MIkey's vid was the best for me.

it is worth the time to learn this :manyheart

Darski, your little guy on the left looks like Superman. He has his red cape and he's ready to save the world!!

How about overalls?

And the shawl is pretty...and I agree Boutique Unforgettable is marked as a 4, but I think they are way off.

I am not a fan of Mikey's videos for some reason (I can't put my finger on it) but I will try again for the sake of the animals! I have a friend IRL that I meet up with about once a month and we chat about work (she used to have my job at my agency and now does the same work for another city so we know each other's pain) and crochet. I emailed her the pattern and she said that if I can't figure it out from you tube, she would help me at our next get together! Yay.

Last weekend three of my aunts were in town and love to go Goodwill shopping. I got a grab bag of knitting needles (I'm still practicing) and 4 skeins of blue and red Team Spirit yarn.

now this is adorable : Gardenia Shawl

I'll have to see if I can adapt it to a thicker weight/  I do have some supposedly 4 wt yarn that is not much above a sock weight.(boutique: unforgettable)   Might try that

That is beautiful. I'm not crazy about crocheting with thread, even size 3, but I might have to suffer for this pattern!

Darski, your little guy on the left looks like Superman. He has his red cape and he's ready to save the world!!

How about overalls?

And the shawl is pretty...and I agree Boutique Unforgettable is marked as a 4, but I think they are way off.

I am not a fan of Mikey's videos for some reason (I can't put my finger on it) but I will try again for the sake of the animals! I have a friend IRL that I meet up with about once a month and we chat about work (she used to have my job at my agency and now does the same work for another city so we know each other's pain) and crochet. I emailed her the pattern and she said that if I can't figure it out from you tube, she would help me at our next get together! Yay.

Last weekend three of my aunts were in town and love to go Goodwill shopping. I got a grab bag of knitting needles (I'm still practicing) and 4 skeins of blue and red Team Spirit yarn.

It took me several tries to find a tutorial that worked for me so don't give up you'll find someone who works the way you do.

This is what I got when I took my Aunts shopping at Goodwill last weekend. There are 5 more sets of circulars that would not fit in the picture. I got this for about $9. I have all the tools, now I just need to learn to knit.

post-13802-0-33154100-1490502319_thumb.jpeg

This is what I got when I took my Aunts shopping at Goodwill last weekend. There are 5 more sets of circulars that would not fit in the picture. I got this for about $9. I have all the tools, now I just need to learn to knit.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

good stuff.

Knitting is really very easy once you get into it.  :knit I heartily suggest you start with Continental knitting at least as long as you are just doing the knit/garter stitch.

Darski, the first couple of times I tried to knit, I was trying to learn with the yarn in my right hand. I think because of crocheting, that was not working at all. My most recent attempt was with the yarn in my left hand, which I think is continental. What annoys me is that I can't "see" a problem when I make it. I don't identify problems until several rows later. It seems like I should be able to tell when I do something wrong. The actual stitch is not that complicated. I did a swatch last Sunday but I already tore it out to start over. Baby steps.

Hat #14 I made with the Addi and that team spirit yarn from Goodwill. I threw some white in the pom pom to brighten it up.

post-13802-0-07602900-1490588411_thumb.jpeg

Hat #15 is called "crochet for cancer's basket weave vertical stipe cap"

post-13802-0-92234100-1490588433_thumb.jpeg

Hi all...so I've been sick with a wicked upper respiratory infection since Tuesday night. So sick in fact, that I have not picked up yarn in over 72 hours. Shocking! The coughing was a pain, but the fever has been miserable.

Hope you are all feeling well today!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I ended up in the ER yesterday. Pneumonia in my right lung. That explains why that infection didn't go away. I'm feeling much better today now that I am on the correct medications.

Here is hat #16. An actual basket weave. This takes a long time to complete just like the striped basket weave from last week because the fp and bp shorten the rows. But I like the way it looks.

post-13802-0-18603700-1491870364_thumb.jpeg

good morning

hope you are just about at 100% well,I spent time there 2 wks ago,mine was bronchitis,hadn't had that since the 70's

main reason for stopping by is to wish you a Happy Birthday Denise  :birthday

Oh thank you Linda! I didn't realize my birthday was on here. I suppose it's part of my profile!

It was a very busy day at work. I guess nobody understands that you are not actually supposed to "work" on your birthday. Ha ha.

I'm feeling almost normal again. I have chronic bronchitis from living in this pile of hot dirt we call Arizona. I have learned to deal with that, but this pneumonia was much more painful than the bronchitis ever has been. Glad it's on it's way out!

Darski, I was trolling the Red Heart website at lunch today and saw that they posted some hat patterns with the maple leaf on them. I guess they know about the sesquicentennial!

By the way, between sick and sicker...I actually started the paw print scarf (because I have not learned the foundation double crochet yet for the hat).

Does this look like paws?

post-13802-0-36355800-1492235885_thumb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Goodness, where is everyone? Spring fever??

I keep meaning to stop by but just never get here

I have a couple of pics to post but I haven't got them done either.  I've been preparing my balcony for summer living.

Well summer living has smacked us in the head, ready or not. It was a record-breaking 108 here today.

The next 5 months will be hot, hot or hot. Pretty easy being the weather guy in Phoenix!

So here is hat #20. It's homespun and just a DC. I started it while waiting for my CT scan for my one year check up on my spine.

post-13802-0-68484400-1494050020_thumb.jpeg

finally did the pics

Loved making the black/white/grey one - they are actually charcoal colours

post-4896-0-40462300-1494138059_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-06990000-1494138062_thumb.jpg

I love doing my Neapolitan Ice cream colours.  this is just so cheery.  I'm thinking the nurses will enjoy this even if the patients can't

post-4896-0-06135900-1494138064_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-16246000-1494138066_thumb.jpg

I did this one using my "My Daisy Afghan" pattern.  I posted the pattern here but I can't find it now :(

ETA found the patternDaisy ghan

Ooh Darski, you've been busy!! I love them both and need to download your pattern the next time I am on the "big" computer.

The brown and pink together are amazing.

Archived