Boxing Day 2017 (any charity work!)

babypoohsmom

I teach a crochet class at our local Senior Citizen's Center, and we make Prayer shawls for our local Hospice, and lap-sized afghans for Veterans' hospitals.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Collette, feel free to drop in any time and tell us (and show us) what you are working on. 

I met up with the friend form the craft show on Monday night and gave her a garbage bag stuffed with hats and scarves for her daughter's project. So it was good to get those out! 

I'm not sure if I told you that in a late night impulse, I joined the Mary Maxim project of the month club. I think I joined on the last day of November so I a already have two kits. So far I am impressed with the value and the projects, now I just wonder where the delusion came from that I would have time to actually complete them!! 

18 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Hi Collette, feel free to drop in any time and tell us (and show us) what you are working on. 

I can't figure out how to send pix of our projects!  And i'm too busy crocheting to learn how!!:reyes

Hey Colette, I hear ya. It took me a bit to figure out how to,post pictures. I still can't download photos from my camera to my Mac but it's easy when I take the picture with my iPad then use my iPad to access the 'Ville. My iPad is old so the photo quality is not as good as my camera, but it gets the job done. I suppose I need a teenager to teach me all the new technology.

Well, I told you all a few months ago that I got involved with a new animal shelter...I was asked to be on the board of directors. So last Tuesday we finally got our 501(c)3 designation from the IRS. We are official now!  I am very excited but also sort of overwhelmed. I've always been a foster and the girl who makes all of the bedding and toys. Now I have to learn about fund raising and the fiscal management that goes along in the background. 

I was cutting fleece for blankets a few weeks ago and when I got the cutting board out, all of the cats in the house were sleeping. As soon as I started working, my foster Marble and my cat Panda decided to "help" 

image.jpeg

Hello everyone, I am home with pneumonia again. I had a short stay at the hospital, yuk. My brother flies in tonight for his first Christmas with us in about a tens years, so I have to get to feeling better! 

I recieved another lovely gift in the mail from a 'Ville member. As soon as I feel better, I will post a picture. 

I'm so sorry.  I had a life threatening experience with pneumonia once and it has always left me cautious.  Thankfully, while I've had it since I've managed to steer clear of the hospital ward.

Take of yourself.lots of prayers that your family reunion works out.  It never fails that something like this has to happen when something important is on the horizon. 

I have to get pictures taken but I have started on next year's doll donation.  I have two baby doll buntings completed and 4 dolly diapers.  I also completed the first doll 18" doll blanket and am about 1/3 of the way through the second.  The blankets are easy projects to work on in between holiday and other distractions. 

It appears the dogs' Christmas wish has been answered as we are getting snow as I write.  I am hoping it lets up for tomorrow as we're supposed to deliver the presents for my niece's kids in the morning and she lives in an area where parking can be tricky on a good day.  Not great when the weather is bad.

I was surprised to find a thank you note was in my mail box for this year's doll donation.  They usually come out after the kids come back from school vacation.

5a3d6d7416ae7_AztecWishes2017ThankYou.jpg.a507fefa6efe0927fe733c8ed43c4a96.jpg

My (2) 16 inch baby dolls arrived for next year's donation. Saved $10 by getting them on sale. It is always a dilemma for me this time of year there are great opportunities to save money and stretch my donation dollars, but those opportunities have to fit my budget. Thankfully this works and sure enough the price is up again this morning so I'm glad I jumped when I did.

I have one of those AC Moore $10 frequent user coupons I'm going to use towards the first Springfield doll at the beginning of the year. I've never believed there was anything wrong with being frugal as it means I can do more.

Wow Bailey, you hardly took a breath! Good for you though getting started already. 

I am still coughing up a lot and I still spike a fever a few times a day. Very frustratung, but much better than a week ago, so I guess I have to look at it that way and be grateful. 

Archived