Boxing Day 2017 (any charity work!)

babypoohsmom

18 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Wow Darski, that is really beautiful. Is that another one of your patterns? I can't keep up trying all of these fun things. I feel so happy that I got to do a test block and you've already made another gorgeous set! 

I think that 31" is fine. Sometimes a small blanket is nice. The stroller, the car seat, or church. What kind of yarn did you use? It looks like a christening set. 

thank you.  It is something I made up after starting with the Summer Romance square.  the yarn is Mary Maxim's Aran yarn - it is lovely to work with by my reckoning.  However. it doesn't blend well with other yarns that I have.  I would link to it but they won't let me in unless I sign up for something - not gonna happen

I still don't like this new board .shhh

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Darski, by the way...I was crocheting with a friend on Saturday and I showed her your pattern and the sample block. She laughed and said "the pattern says you should have an 8 inch block". Mine is 6 inches. So that tells you how tight my gague is!! 

Hello all, 

I made a few more hats. (23, 24, 25) Two of them are duplicates of ones I already made and one is a new pattern I tried with a "puff stitch". I did not enjoy making this hat at all. Good thing there are a million hat patterns out there and I won't have to try this one again.  Panda, of course, had to be in the picture.

image.thumb.jpeg.06bc4404b361128a4067f35fdbc659c0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a713e5b7baefeff7cd21414254e8b277.jpeg

I found some scrubbie yarn in a mill ends bag. I held it together with regular cotton to make a scrubbie. Not sure how/if I will figure out what kind of charity needs household items, but I will have some ready and probably make some for gifts too. Last year I only had one request for dishcloths for a family we adopted at Christmas. 

This was kind of difficult to crochet because the yarn is very "sticky".

image.thumb.jpeg.057fa89d147c85b5b803edc66c591956.jpeg

8 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

My purple daisy has a blue buddy....

this  is interesting, I am working on another daisy ghan using blue flowers but with 2 different purples as centres. Your combination reminded of mine - it is now 3rd in line of the WIP's. :eek

8 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

I found some scrubbie yarn in a mill ends bag. I held it together with regular cotton to make a scrubbie. Not sure how/if I will figure out what kind of charity needs household items, but I will have some ready and probably make some for gifts too. Last year I only had one request for dishcloths for a family we adopted at Christmas. 

This was kind of difficult to crochet because the yarn is very "sticky".

I like the look of that - I was thinking our local Women's Place (shelter) might like to have a bunch of those but I think I will stick to cotton - I hate arguing with 'sticky 'yarn (I always lose :rofl )

Hat #26. This is chunky yarn, probably #6 from a mill ends bag.  

I am going to keep trying the scrubbie yarn...maybe a bigger hook?  I used a K hook on that first one. Part of my problem was that I lost count at the start of the third row and had to frog. Frogging that yarn is harder than crocheting it in the first place. Might have been a bit of frustration on my part for losing count on a project with only 3 rounds!!

image.thumb.jpeg.dab88b77fa5942d9f6d0be27a8b25840.jpeg

Wow Darski, I say this every time, and I don't want it to ever seem less that completely true, but you've done it again! Another set that is better than the last one!! I showed it to a friend at work and tried to trick her by saying "I wonder why she put a flower on the hat?" But she didn't miss a beat and said "it's a tire silly!"

So, what is your next inspiration?? 

1 hour ago, babypoohsmom said:

Wow Darski, I say this every time, and I don't want it to ever seem less that completely true, but you've done it again! Another set that is better than the last one!! I showed it to a friend at work and tried to trick her by saying "I wonder why she put a flower on the hat?" But she didn't miss a beat and said "it's a tire silly!"

So, what is your next inspiration?? 

Believe it or not my next set I am thinking of as "My Peony Set".  I am loving it so far but I have been looking for baby dresses to go with.  Just for a change from sweaters.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that is pretty. I bet it would look great with Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable. I made a hat on the Addi with that yarn and I don't like it. I have been meaning to frog it, but it's a catchy yarn and maybe not worth the effort to re-use. But I can almost see this shawl in that yarn in my head....

i have been a bit unplugged these past two weeks. Between work and foster kittens, I have not had much crochet time or computer time. I do have one new hat to post and I made another set of blankets for the shelter. Here is my pile of blankets. Joanns finally got some new fleece prints in. 

image.thumb.jpeg.4fa63440ef7442223092bb540906092c.jpeg

Wow, I just watched the first 6 minutes. His hands are so shakey that it's making me nervous. Does he settle down?  

Also, just wondering, do you watch these videos all of the way through before you attempt the project or do you just grab yarn and go for it?? 

:rofl  i didn't even notice his shaky hands until you mentioned it  it is distracting now.

The first time I saw the vid I watched long enough to decide I wanted to make this.   bookmarked it that night and the next day I was ready with my yarn, a hook and pencil and paper so that I could make it and record the pattern for myself  I have finished mine as more of a scarf than a shawl - I just liked the length where I stopped.   will try to get the pic tomorrow.

3 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Wow, that is pretty. I bet it would look great with Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable. I made a hat on the Addi with that yarn and I don't like it. I have been meaning to frog it, but it's a catchy yarn and maybe not worth the effort to re-use. But I can almost see this shawl in that yarn in my head....

i have been a bit unplugged these past two weeks. Between work and foster kittens, I have not had much crochet time or computer time. I do have one new hat to post and I made another set of blankets for the shelter. Here is my pile of blankets. Joanns finally got some new fleece prints in. 

I love that print: so sweet :manyheart

I have started another Arbour shawl  in green with a 2dc edge.  it is better but I want to see it finished before I decide to leave it at that.

I have made a "Butterfly Kisses" dress but I changed it a bit.  Now I need a baby ghan to go with it.

I think the Red Heart yarn really changes the shape and I did increase in 5 instead of increase in 4.

butrfly1.jpg.818bda11ffa48ace10435eaa24675600.jpg

What an adorable pattern and great choice of colors. I have been wanting to try another baby item since I did that cardigan. On a scale of 1-10, how difficult would you say the Butterfly Kisses pattern is?  I sure wish I knew someone with your mad skills for patterns, colors and techniques. (lol, in real life that is.... I would not trade you for a person I could meet up with, but you know what I mean

But...since you already got me started on the shawl. I will show you my progress. I think I put the same two rows in and pulled them out about three times last night. I kept messing up the increases on the edge. Between my husband and the cats, I could not concentrate! This Sweet Roll yarn is very soft. It has slight variations within each color group that give it a very interesting color depth. Do you know what I mean?

image.thumb.jpeg.cabb203e12b55bbe8769eec2ddc00aab.jpeg

10 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

What an adorable pattern and great choice of colors. I have been wanting to try another baby item since I did that cardigan. On a scale of 1-10, how difficult would you say the Butterfly Kisses pattern is?  I sure wish I knew someone with your mad skills for patterns, colors and techniques. (lol, in real life that is.... I would not trade you for a person I could meet up with, but you know what I mean

But...since you already got me started on the shawl. I will show you my progress. I think I put the same two rows in and pulled them out about three times last night. I kept messing up the increases on the edge. Between my husband and the cats, I could not concentrate! This Sweet Roll yarn is very soft. It has slight variations within each color group that give it a very interesting color depth. Do you know what I mean?

On a scale of 1 to 10 it is about a 2 - really very simple.

I do love the look of the 'roll' yarns.  I like the way they stripe and change.  Yours is going to have more interest and depth than my plain ones.

He kept repeating about the 3 row repeat and that is what kept me on track.  it comes up very quickly so I had to look sharp.

My biggest problem was in skipping a ch3 between 'leaves.  I kept having to frog back.  it's one of those patterns where it matters :rofl

Even though the pattern is crazy simple, I still mess up the end of the increase row somehow. I think I frog 2 rows for every 3 I put in. Not the pattern's fault.  Just me not thinking.  I thought I posted my progress, but maybe not, so here it is... I worked on it at my quilt club. No cats. Someone's quilt book snuck into the picture. 

image.jpeg.ee020bea9f4160db3a7ee0c022972471.jpeg

Archived