Finally to the end of my JoAnn Rainbow Boucle Stash! WOOHOO!

shuttlebuggy

Finally managed to crochet my way to the bottom of 8 bins of Rainbow Boucle 1 lb football sized skeins!????

I admit I had a bit of an addiction to this particular gradient colorway yarn at one time. BUT after making over 36 ghans and shawls with it - I AM OVER IT! LOL!

This yarn, though gorgeous in it's shade transitions, is fussy to work with and I found it easiest to work it double stranded with a sports weight yarn in a solid complimentary color. Also it was nightmarish to center pull, so I had to "flip the football" in a basket of it's own while crocheting.

EVERY ghan & shawl was donated to my parish's Prayer Shawl Ministry for the infirmed, elderly, grieving and homeless.

The "needy" were the beneficiaries of my past hoarding! And I am glad of that!

I live in a "downsize" home now and don't have room for a "store sized stash", so it also feels good to regain precious closet space for all my crafting & hobbies too!

So here's to my last 3 shawls and ghans completed from a 3.5 yearlong period!

post-10396-0-34519800-1468438394_thumb.jpg

post-10396-0-28477000-1468438442_thumb.jpg

KUDOS to you and your perseverance!!! :clap  :cheer You are amazing!  I agree--that's beautiful yarn--glad you worked out your "love affair" with it, though!  And bless you for donating them all to the Prayer Shawl Ministry!

WTG on making such beautiful afghans & shawls, your perseverance & your generosity! :)

I made one afghan with that yarn a few years ago. Not only is it a pain to work, frogging is nearly impossible. However, the striping is gorgeous and the results feel as soft as a cloud. One was enough for me! Lol

You are an amazing woman to take on such a challenge and complete it. Many Blessings are sure to come your way for your kindness.

Thanks everyone! I totally loved the colorways and striping on all the colors, the blues (not pictured) and pinks (not pictured) were some of my favorites.

Completely agree with the post about the impossible frogging! Tried knitting with it one time and it was horrible.

Anyways, I hope the multitude of ghans over the last few years are a blessing for many.

*I* am very impressed. :) Not only are they useful, they are attractive, they are made with love. What's not to like! For sure boucle yarn is awful to frog, both knit and crochet, fuzzy boucle is worse. Better be careful and do it just right the first time.

Wow!! I am very impressed with your perserverance!! I have had similar thought process with different yarns at different times. Like Oh my gosh this is the prettiest most amazing yarn I have ever seen and I will never need or want to work with anything but this ever again.

Never ends up lasting. :)

How nice of you to make all of those for people in need. Great job!!

• 1 month later...

Omgosh! They're gorgeous! You have such a big heart to do such wonderful work for others.

I am a hoarder of yarn as well, I wish I had the time to make such things from my stash!

• 2 months later...

Archived