Link from The Legend of Zelda- afghan

GotJowls

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love this so much! Is this just SC following a pattern?

Just a reminder that Link is a trademarked character, so if a pattern was actually used, we can only allow information about it or links to it if it is an officially-licensed pattern. If a pattern is licensed, it will state so clearly in the pattern description.

This is basically just a pixel-type representation of Link, so it would be fairly easy to draw one out yourself on graph paper.

Ty!

This was made in afghan stitch. I didn't follow a pattern, since Link is already divided into pixels, I just looked at a photo, and crocheted out the same squares. In any afghan stitch tho, remember the stitches are taller than wide, so it was I believe 10 stitches across and 8 high per pixel. But you could just make out a small square and measure it to fashion the size pixels you want in any stitch. You would want a couple extra rows around each side to get a proper gauge because the yarn gets moved and stretched by its neighbors. So you could easily do single crochet or anything else, but I find afghan stitch is easiest to color change and diagram for pixel projects because no special start or end is really needed per color, just a yarn held over here and there, and the rows are perfectly lined up, not alternated.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived