Vigne Shawl

magiccrochetfan

I recently completed this pattern in some special yarn and gave it to a special person.  

post-10356-0-66280500-1420142948_thumb.jpg

The aqua yarn is Stonehedge Fiber Mill Shepherd's Wool Fine which i received in the Hometown Swap a couple of years ago From TonyaL.  It is just beautiful and one of the softest yarns I have ever used.  She sent 2 skeins and I think I used all but about 2 yards so it worked out great.  I thought the yarn was so pretty that for a long time i kept it displayed in the open so I could look at it all the time.  I finally stored it away to keep it from getting faded or too dusty.  But shortly after that i saw this pattern and decided to ask my friend if she would wear a shawl, which she said she would.  

The gray yarn is Alpacas d'Auxvasse Alpaca Sock, alpaca and bamboo blend.  it has a quite different texture to the wool and is a bit bigger and it worked very well for the contrasting sections.  So this is a  special yarn as the producer is local to me.  

The pattern is Vigne Shawl from the book It Girl Crochet.  I thoroughly enjoyed making this pattern, love the geometry of it.  

here is my ravelry project page if you want to see the link to the pattern page on rav.  http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Kathy-crochet/shawl-vigne

Kathy this is beautiful I love the colors together. I am so glad you could use the yarn and that it was so soft. I am always nervous buying yarn for someone else since I know how picky I have become in what I buy for myself.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived