2015 Any Afghan CAL

Braxxi

I've always wanted to try the Tree of Life afghan....I think if I wanted it bigger tho I would just add more border around it.  Way to difficult (in my opinion) to begin with.  Like the color yarn you're using.  How much yarn does it take to complete?  JoAnn's have the One Pounder's on sale right now. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Deb, for your wise words of wisdom. You are so right.:)-

I should have made it bigger by going all around the border, but instead decided to do an extra repeat of the pair of trees and an extra repeat of the flowers. This pattern will definitely take me all year....

The pattern, as written, takes 15 skeins of fisherman wool. I have gone through around 3/4 of a caron-pounder with just this panel and the first divider so I would estimate having to use around 6 caron pounders. I go each week to Michael's to pick another skein up using either a 40 or 50% coupon so I don`t have to pay $9.99 a skein for the whole bunch, which is why I like using yarn with no dye lot-lol

I'll have to check out Joanne's this week so thanks for letting me know they are on sale there,

I really messed up somewhere on my Stitch Sampler afghan so having to start over. :bang   Not giving up yet.  I counted wrong somewhere.   :2nono Just going to wait for it to be done this time before I weave in the ends in case I need to frog.  Think Ill rename it My PITA afghan.  :yes

Not to worry, you aren't alone- SlowCrocheter.

I ripped out 2 hours of progress in 15 minutes on my afghan, to start again but I have been working on small, fun projects today. I won't look at my afghan until the end of the week.

I agree that sometimes it is best to take a break from a wip that isn't going so smooth. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

I'm back. Just offhand I can think of 5 afghans that I have going. That means there's probably one or two more hiding in a bag or drawer somewhere. I just finished a baby afghan that I made out of leftover yarn from other projects. Sorry that the picture is sideways. I can't figure out how to rotate them on my iPad. Mathis will go to the local pregnancy resource center.

post-6189-0-02916400-1422646220_thumb.jpg

I'm back. Just offhand I can think of 5 afghans that I have going. That means there's probably one or two more hiding in a bag or drawer somewhere. I just finished a baby afghan that I made out of leftover yarn from other projects. Sorry that the picture is sideways. I can't figure out how to rotate them on my iPad. Mathis will go to the local pregnancy resource center.

Very pretty.

Pretty blankets, I imagine those are some very happy little girls!!!

I finished 40 pink african flower motifs for my bigger baby girl so now just 80 more motifs to go, 40 in blues and 40 in purples. Only took me a week to get 40 done so hopefully in two weeks I will be able to start working them together in a blanket....but classes are drawing to an end so I will have to focus time on my papers that are due in 3 weeks :(

I finished up 2 blankets for my girlies this week. They both picked their colors and what kind of design they wanted. They were both thrilled to use them tonight! :)

Those are very pretty.

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh, I hadn't checked out the other CAL's, and I'm glad I stumbled onto this one.  I'm determined to finished the two that I joined on Facebook.  I have started the first square for one and the first three parts for the other one.  

No. 1:  Keep Calm & Crochet on CAL (KCACO-UK CAL 2015)

I have made the first square, but they're on No. 4 now.  I hope to catch up this weekend.  Here's my one square:

post-44469-0-73481500-1424333730_thumb.jpg

No. 2:  Official CCC (Crafty Crochet Community) Social Group

I started this yesterday, February 17.  It's called Sophie's Universe.  I love it!

post-44469-0-42983500-1424333826_thumb.jpg

Whoa!! AngelRose, That second one is out of this world beautiful! That's going to be a blanket? Can't wait to see it all done!

So I'm going to embark on a rather large project but I need some help. I want to make a blanket to fit a full size bed and I have no idea how big to make it. I'll figure out how big the squares need to be once I know how big the blanket needs to be. Does anyone know how big a blanket for a full size bed?

Whoa!! AngelRose, That second one is out of this world beautiful! That's going to be a blanket? Can't wait to see it all done!

So I'm going to embark on a rather large project but I need some help. I want to make a blanket to fit a full size bed and I have no idea how big to make it. I'll figure out how big the squares need to be once I know how big the blanket needs to be. Does anyone know how big a blanket for a full size bed?

Check this link for bedding sizes:

http://www.beddingstyle.com/content/bedding-size-chart.asp

Ooh, I hadn't checked out the other CAL's, and I'm glad I stumbled onto this one.  I'm determined to finished the two that I joined on Facebook.  I have started the first square for one and the first three parts for the other one.  

No. 1:  Keep Calm & Crochet on CAL (KCACO-UK CAL 2015)

I have made the first square, but they're on No. 4 now.  I hope to catch up this weekend.  Here's my one square:

attachicon.gifBlock 1 - Morrocan Window Square.jpg

No. 2:  Official CCC (Crafty Crochet Community) Social Group

I started this yesterday, February 17.  It's called Sophie's Universe.  I love it!

attachicon.gifParts 2 and 3 and Yarn.jpg

Nice work. That second one is going to be gorgeous!

Thank you, Charis and Gardener.  I've made four blocks in the first CAL, and I've squared up the Sophie.  I think Sophie makes any color combinations good, even using just one color.  I just wish we didn't have to wait 20 weeks for the end :lol

Here are my updated photos :)

post-44469-0-21697600-1424999796_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-72760100-1424999806_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-92180100-1424999817_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-89496500-1424999823_thumb.jpg

The Sophie is gorgeous! I've been tempted to try it, but I hate all the ends to weave in. The purple squares are all pretty, too.

Thank you.  I don't like ends either, but I'm weaving at the end of every part.  That way, I don't worry about dealing with them when the CAL ends.  It's not bad at all :)

Archived