2015 Any Afghan CAL

Braxxi

Welcome!

I am continuing this yearly CAL for all who want to join.  

This is a CAL for those that wish to share the afghans they make throughout the year. There are no real rules or anything.

Feel free to ask questions about patterns/problems...never know who might have made that one already!

I have added a line in my signature like this: "Any Afghan CAL +0". As I make afghans I adjust the number at the end. You don't have to put it in yours, but can if you want to!

Happy crocheting!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished one of the afghans I was working on, it's a lapghan for a local nursing home. It's 28" x 41" and I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn. I didn't use a pattern just did basic granny squares with a shell border.

post-4459-0-01121400-1420403838_thumb.jpg

I always join the Boxing Day CAL since I crochet lapghans for, mostly, a hospice program, but I would like to join this one too, and follow what all of you are doing. Some I make this year I'm going to offer to co-workers - I'm retiring after 13 years here (hooray!!), and the rest will be donated. 

I regret that they are going to be pretty boring this year. I have a truckload of Caron One Pound I'm determined to use up, a project it seems has dragged on forever. Since I was determined to buy no more of it, to get the most effective use out of it, I measured it out into "kits" for two patterns, a larksfoot and an overall V-st. Simple, quick, and easy, if not exciting. It will be a year of stripes. I will probably post them in batches - I have 17 of them to make, most with the V-st pattern. As I said on the other CAL, I cannot find my camera software to load on my new computer, so I will have to haul out the old one whenever I want to post pics. Unless I can find that CD, that will be only now and then.

I have finished the first, with white, scarlet, and claret (used up the claret), and now I'm doing one with black, white, and scarlet (the last of the scarlet). Two colors down!

I look forward to seeing what all of you are going to make during the year!

I am going to join this.  I have two ninja turtle afghans I need to make. One already started.  I have a Christ thorn of crowns graft I started I would also like to finish.  And one started with granny squares to finish and one I started with the African violets pattern I started last summer.

Only got to stay away from the rest of the forum. lol I see stuff and want to start new stuff and still not done with what I am working on.

To many patterns I want to do and not enough time.

OK frogged the Ninja turtle afghan. It was looking horrible.  So started a drop in the pond that I have had the yarn for about a year now. lol Still have two other afghan I would like to finish this year.  Since I am not doing the ninja turtles it just might happen.

I also have found the pattern for Stitch Sampler by Jean Holzman.  I hope I am not biting off more then I can chew.  I still consider myself an intermediate crocheter and this looks very advanced.

Hi everyone!!! I also would love to join in.

I love the beautiful 'ghans done already, Cshort and Lynnf2012.:) What a pretty square you're working on, Randib82.:)

I am starting the lionbrand free crochet pattern-the tree of life. Maybe if I make a point of checking in each week, I'll be motivated to make some progress on it. I think I will start and end with the flower panel and do two tree panels of 8 trees in between. We'll see how it goes.:)

:jumpyay I'm in, hopefully this will help me start and finish the afghans I want to make! I already have a Corner 2 Corner in Rainbow colors for my 4 year old son and I want to start Darski's 10 point Round Ripple for my 2 year old daughter probably in light purple, dark purple, turquoise and maybe some gray too. And eventually I would like to start and complete a baby blanket for our newbie due in August.

The first 2 are top priority though. This should be fun! :)

Wow! Great 'ghans everyone! I don't know if I'll be doing many this year, but I didn't want to leave this CAL unstarted for this year! My daughter has me working on doll clothes...actually sort of enjoying it.

Doll clothes are my favorite. 

Not much new here to report.

I did start the Tree of Life 'ghan but customized it to make it wider to fit a full/queen sized bed.  Now I'm wondering if that was smart since it is an ambitious project just making it as written.   I also decided to truncate the dividers closer to the panels and am not sure I like the look.  I may rip the divider out and add two rows on top of the flowers before the divider.  The pattern calls for 4 rows before the divider, and in all honesty I am already tired of these single crocheted rows so I just thought I would skip them altogether. 

I will put it aside  and in a few days when I choose to pick it up again, I'll have to decide what I think because once I begin the trees panel, it will be too late to decide to make changes. This pattern really eats up yarn.  Thankfully, I'm using the big one pounder Caron ones with no dye lot.

post-3193-0-29030600-1422229997_thumb.jpg

Archived